Thank G-D we have cruise insurance!

stargate fan

I slipped down my stairs. My left hand grabbed the railing but my right arm got dragged behind me. I heard a loud pop and immediately worried that I dislocated my shoulder. Thankfully I didn't, but I did partially tear my rotator cuff. Seeing a surgeon in a couple of days. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll say I only need PT. Star-of-David your fingers for me. (We're Jewish so we don't cross our fingers.)

Cruise is 53 days away. I WILL be embarking that cruise ship, even if I have to spend the week sitting by the pool and at the beach, frozen drinks in my left hand. (Oh, snap!)

Just in case, thank G-D we have insurance. So, insurance naysayers, you just never know when fate will descend upon you.

I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I had something similar happen to me a few years ago three weeks before our spring break cruise. I was able to make it on the cruise even though because my injury was a low back soft tissue injury I could barely walk without experiencing excruciating pain. Like you, I went anyway.

I hope you feel better soon and that you have a great time on your cruise.!:D

:eek:We did not have travel insurance!

I slipped down my stairs. My left hand grabbed the railing but my right arm got dragged behind me. I heard a loud pop and immediately worried that I dislocated my shoulder. Thankfully I didn't, but I did partially tear my rotator cuff. Seeing a surgeon in a couple of days. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll say I only need PT. Star-of-David your fingers for me. (We're Jewish so we don't cross our fingers.)

Cruise is 53 days away. I WILL be embarking that cruise ship, even if I have to spend the week sitting by the pool and at the beach, frozen drinks in my left hand. (Oh, snap!)

Just in case, thank G-D we have insurance. So, insurance naysayers, you just never know when fate will descend upon you.

first i'm not trying to start anything or being a butt. this is a real question. if you don't want to answer it's ok, i'm not that smart in the outside world "Arkansas hillbilly here"' so here goes, why don't you cross your finger's?

and sorry about your injury

first i'm not trying to start anything or being a butt. this is a real question. if you don't want to answer it's ok, i'm not that smart in the outside world "Arkansas hillbilly here"' so here goes, why don't you cross your finger's?

and sorry about your injury

I don't mind answering-I am always happy to educate others about Judaism.

We don't cross our fingers because crosses are associated with Christianity. (Churches, necklaces, rosaries, Jesus Christ, etc.)

I don't mind answering-I am always happy to educate others about Judaism.

We don't cross our fingers because crosses are associated with Christianity. (Churches, necklaces, rosaries, Jesus Christ, etc.)

I did not know that either. You learn something new everyday, thanks for sharing. :) Also want to wish you well and hope your injury doesn't prevent you from getting on that ship!

I did not know that either. You learn something new everyday, thanks for sharing. :) Also want to wish you well and hope your injury doesn't prevent you from getting on that ship!

Hope you heal up quickly and correctly and are able to have a great time on your cruise...

stargate, I hope you have a speedy recovery. Shoulder injuries suck! I've been in PT for problem with both shoulders for several months.

Thank you.

I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I had something similar happen to me a few years ago three weeks before our spring break cruise. I was able to make it on the cruise even though because my injury was a low back soft tissue injury I could barely walk without experiencing excruciating pain. Like you, I went anyway.

I hope you feel better soon and that you have a great time on your cruise.!:D

:eek:We did not have travel insurance!

"EEK" is right. Thank you for the wishes.

Refuah shlema!

I damaged my rotator cuff about six months ago. The cortisone shot did wonders and I almost have complete motion. Skipped pt and did exercises on my own. Did not ruin my travel plans for summer. You should have a good cruise

Ouch sorry about the stairs....I once rode the laundry basket down and broke my foot in 3 places. I refuse to carry anything down those dang stairs now!

Question.....ok how to we do the star of David?

When you see my signature you will see why we ALWAYS buy insurance.

The day before our cruise my DH was filling our car with gas when he had a HEART ATTACK.

Needless to say, one day was not enough time to recuperate and get to the ship.:rolleyes:

he forms were not a hassle to fill out

I hope the shoulder isn't serious and you feel better very soon! My dh tore his labrum a few years ago. Spent a year being referred from doctor to doctor, months of PT before insurance would allow an MRI, thought they finally found a bone deformity on the MRI, scheduled surgery, then got in there and found the tear. It was tough watching him in pain that long.... those shoulder injuries can be a bear.

I second the insurance recommendation. I had to cancel what was supposed to be my 40th birthday cruise the morning of sailing so I could have gallbladder surgery. You just never know. Had I gotten sick a week later I'd have been on the ship and probably in a medivac situation. I got every penny back except the $76 I spent on the insurance. :)

I knew that CC was educational! I am Jewish and neither my dh nor myself had ever heard that Jews don't cross their fingers. We did this as children all the time. I just googled it and found out it is Christian in origin.

Op - hope you feel better soon and are able to take your cruise.

OP - Not telling you what to do but think long and hard before you agree to surgery. Husband tore his rotator cuff and had 3 surgeries on his with no success with any of them. Still hurts just as bad as it did before the first one. He was out of work for 4 years.

I slipped in the tub about two years ago and slid down the side of the tub with my left arm over my head. I looked like a cartoon character slivering down the side of the tub.:eek: It tore my cuff also. Will never agree to surgery. Had an asthma attack and was put on a double round of prednisone. Did wonders for the shoulder. When that wore off got a shot put in it over a year ago. It still bothers me some but it is definitely livable. DON'T DO SURGERY WITHOUT TRYING STEROIDS AND SHOTS FIRST.

Best of luck and hope you make it on the cruise.

OP - Not telling you what to do but think long and hard before you agree to surgery. Husband tore his rotator cuff and had 3 surgeries on his with no success with any of them. Still hurts just as bad as it did before the first one. He was out of work for 4 years.

I slipped in the tub about two years ago and slid down the side of the tub with my left arm over my head. I looked like a cartoon character slivering down the side of the tub.:eek: It tore my cuff also. Will never agree to surgery. Had an asthma attack and was put on a double round of prednisone. Did wonders for the shoulder. When that wore off got a shot put in it over a year ago. It still bothers me some but it is definitely livable. DON'T DO SURGERY WITHOUT TRYING STEROIDS AND SHOTS FIRST.

Best of luck and hope you make it on the cruise.

My DH is actually very glad he got his done. His is much better after surgery. He's a gardener so he does really physical stuff for a living and it was killing him. He'd been through 12 weeks of PT, steroids, several cortisone shots, anti inflamatory meds - the whole works, though. The recovery was tough and was 6 weeks before he could even go back to work on light duty. Probably about three months before they fully cleared him to lift heavy stuff. But it turned out he's much better off after they did the repair. His was a torn labrum, though, and not rotator cuff.

Refuah shlema!

I damaged my rotator cuff about six months ago. The cortisone shot did wonders and I almost have complete motion. Skipped pt and did exercises on my own. Did not ruin my travel plans for summer. You should have a good cruise

Refuah Shlema - hope you get better fast! :)

Todah raba. Maybe I should get our Rabbi to say a Mi Shebeirach.

Thank you for the well wishes, everyone.

I have been reading and researching until my eyes swim. My biggest concern is that I am very active. I take weight lifting classes (I only lift about 17 kg but my "mommy wings" are actually going away and my arms are developing some nice definition.) and go to the gym six days a week. I love to cook, which involves lots of chopping. We discovered zip lining this year and want to try kayaking. Not bad for a 51 year old gal!

Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Ouch sorry about the stairs....I once rode the laundry basket down and broke my foot in 3 places. I refuse to carry anything down those dang stairs now!

Question.....ok how to we do the star of David?

We used to put our baby sister in the laundry basket and push her down the stairs. :eek: Thankfully she never got hurt. Unless...ah, now I know why she is the way she is! :D

I take three fingers from each hand and overlay them so it looks like a star. It's more of a figure of speech than an act.

Archived