If YOU PUT $ ON S&S ...

planb

Called Carnival tonight because money I called in to put on my card on Monday was still not showing on my booking . It cleared my card that day . So talked to a manger and she advised that Carnival will not put the total of the "extra" money you put on your s&s on your booking until... The week before you sail. If there is an error or a problem or maybe they put it on the wrong booking, you will need to call them to investigate. She verified all the approval/their codes that match any money I put on it. She said hold on to those because if there is a mistake we'd want to clear it before traveling.

Wow have always seen them on my booking but waiting till the last week sure opens doors to "lost" funds. Just something new they put into place THIS week. :cool: Oh well still will get on the ship and relax it's vacation.

They have told that to some cruisers for several years. Ours has always shown up a few weeks after we add it, sometime six months out. We have a Dec cruise booked and what we have put on that cruise is showing now.

I have always done mine online with funship $$ and had it applied to OBC. That may be why it shows up faster.

Mine never showed on my last 2 sailingings until a week or 2 prior to my sail date.

She is correct in that you need to stay on top of it and take any documentation with you.

I had an instance of only receiving half my drink coupons that I had ordered. Went to Guest Services with copies of my order confirmation and I also had a copy of my Visa charge. The next day, I received the rest of my coupons. Mistakes happen. Fact of life. Makes it easier for everyone if you have documentation. Otherwise, its a "he said, she said".

Very difficult for you to get back home to retreive your documentation and very difficult for them to walk across the cubicle in Miami from the ship.

Some people will say that it isn't necessary to print out copies of anything; that it's already in the computers. I always have and take them with us. More than once I have been able to show copies after hotels tried to charge me more for the room than what I booked it for. It takes ten seconds to print off a copy and could save you a bundle. On a cruise, I have the hotel reservation, car rental, cruise documents, airline boarding passes, anything and everything all in a file and ready to show proof.

Some people will say that it isn't necessary to print out copies of anything; that it's already in the computers. I always have and take them with us. More than once I have been able to show copies after hotels tried to charge me more for the room than what I booked it for. It takes ten seconds to print off a copy and could save you a bundle. On a cruise, I have the hotel reservation, car rental, cruise documents, airline boarding passes, anything and everything all in a file and ready to show proof.

yep.. I bring along a stack of proof, too!! :D

Is this new policy for Funship $$ or calling Bon Voyage directly and loading money to your account??? or both??? Right now my online docs show my OBC..(a price reduction and funship $$) but I want to put some more on.. I am 36 days out..should I do it now or can I wait a couple weeks and still have it show up???

Archived