Kids/Grandkids Millinium

Greengo

We are planning on going on a cruise on the Millenium from Seward to Vancouver with our daughter, her husband and two granddaughters - ages 8 and 5. We've been on the shiip before but without grandkids. Can anyone tell us about their experiences with the ship's programs for kids. We also would like to know iwhether we should get connecting cabins. on the two previous trips on the Millenium, we have had CC Veranda cabins. Thanks for any assistance

If you can, book an FV, and an inside next to each other, or nearby, corner FV has the most amazing balcony that you can all enjoy the wonderful scenery from, i would call up celebrity and see what they can give you, but having travelled on this class of ship that would be my choice. Have a great time! Your grandchildren will love it, they are the perfect age for the fun factory, it is very well equipped.

We are planning on going on a cruise on the Millenium from Seward to Vancouver with our daughter, her husband and two granddaughters - ages 8 and 5. We've been on the shiip before but without grandkids. Can anyone tell us about their experiences with the ship's programs for kids. We also would like to know iwhether we should get connecting cabins. on the two previous trips on the Millenium, we have had CC Veranda cabins. Thanks for any assistance

I cannot comment on the connecting cabin question, but I will tell you that from our experience, Celebrity's kids program is excellent especially for children of the age that your grand kids are at. The program is well organized and the "Fun Factory" facilities and youth counselors are terrific. Our kids always had a blast.

Our family of 4 has been in the Family Veranda (FV) cabins including the Millennium and these oversized cabins are awesome for those traveling with kids. These cabins are at the back of the ship--facing out the stern--and their large balconies would provide an excellent experience during an Alaska cruise.

DH & I will be cruising next summer on Millie with our 2 boys (ages 17 & 13) and my mother. I decided that we would need the extra room, so I booked connecting cabins (RS & CC). My mom & the boys are in the CC room, but we plan on leaving the connecting door open to give us all much more space. With 6 people, I would definitely look at the FV with a nearby cabin (maybe an inside) or maybe a configuration such as we did - if budget allows. The key for me would be to maximize space so I didn't feel like we were tripping over each other.

If you are cruising next year, hopefully you'll be on our cruise. If so, come on over to the Roll Call boards and check us out. We're a little slow right now, but I'll bet it starts picking up here soon.

Archived