Going Solo

Dog Drool

I am thinking of trying Oceania for the first time. Are there many solos? I am a 50 year old female just looking for dinner and drink company.

I would recommend Crystal because they seem to cater to singles. I cruise Crystal when I go single, because of the single supplement on most of their cruises, and the activities like dancing. Also, if you like to dance they have lots of dancing, and if no one asks you to dance-they have hosts who will ask you. Of course, if you don't want to dance, you can always politely say no.

I am thinking of trying Oceania for the first time. Are there many solos? I am a 50 year old female just looking for dinner and drink company.

From where I sit (usually a bar stool in Martinis) there appears to be a significant number of solo travelers, or at least passengers who are not joined at the hip for every activity.

After the first few days, they have generally networked enough to make up small groups at dinner or re-form Trivia Teams; and then they are unstoppable. :eek::D

I have traveled solo for the past 9 years following the death of my husband. Never had a problem fitting in with anyone or any activity. The roll call is a great way to connect online before meeting others on board. Unless I want to dine alone, I have always been invited to join others. The Maitre D will get to know who you are and

I always felt comfortable traveling alone with Oceania as I have been spoiled by the O staff, although this November trip will be a honeymoon. :)

I have traveled solo for the past 9 years following the death of my husband. Never had a problem fitting in with anyone or any activity. The roll call is a great way to connect online before meeting others on board. Unless I want to dine alone, I have always been invited to join others. The Maitre D will get to know who you are and

I always felt comfortable traveling alone with Oceania as I have been spoiled by the O staff, although this November trip will be a honeymoon. :)

Very best wishes to you!! What happy news!

Archived