Feel like we won the lottery!

Love.II.Cruise

We are going on a cruise with my parents. For our honeymoon we did Regent (been a while since it was on the PG in Tahiti) and we convinced my parents to do a Regent cruise this past Feb (which they loved). Now we are traveling together on Oceania (both our first time). This was my idea... I wanted to try a new cruise line on a new ship. We booked this cruise last year in April.

Now the lottery part! ;) I snagged us the 7135 PH3 cabin on Riviera last year in September when it opened up. I told my parents the pro's and con's of this stateroom and asked them if they wanted me to watch for the other similar cabin (7130) for them. They said yes. We both have sailed many times in aft cabins on other ships and love having an aft cabin. About a week and a half ago it opened up! I called our TA and had it changed immediately! We are very happy to have these cabins with all the sea days. If it's too windy on one side we can go to the other! :D

We are going on a cruise with my parents. For our honeymoon we did Regent (been a while since it was on the PG in Tahiti) and we convinced my parents to do a Regent cruise this past Feb (which they loved). Now we are traveling together on Oceania (both our first time). This was my idea... I wanted to try a new cruise line on a new ship. We booked this cruise last year in April.

Now the lottery part! ;) I snagged us the 7135 PH3 cabin on Riviera last year in September when it opened up. I told my parents the pro's and con's of this stateroom and asked them if they wanted me to watch for the other similar cabin (7130) for them. They said yes. We both have sailed many times in aft cabins on other ships and love having an aft cabin. About a week and a half ago it opened up! I called our TA and had it changed immediately! We are very happy to have these cabins with all the sea days. If it's too windy on one side we can go to the other! :D

Congratulations! I have no doubt that you will absolutely love Oceania...your PH suites...and being together for such a wonderful cruise.

Enjoy! :)

What date are you going??

Jancruz1

Many thanks on the congrats. I do think we will be spoiled forever when we do other aft cabins in the future. I can see it now... I'll be crying on the last day saying "I don't wanna leave!" :o

With it being a transatlantic, I do hope the seas aren't too bad. We did an aft balcony on the lowest deck of Sapphire Princess crossing the Tasman Sea and hit 25 foot swells. I had nightmares that our balcony furniture would be taken away by the sea that night! :eek: Of course it didn't.

We've never been sea sick, and love aft balconies. Again, I can't believe after looking day after day for months (almost a year) that I got this other cabin for my family! I really didn't think it would happen.

Love.II.Cruise

You never know about the deck furniture. We were on the TA aboard Marina and experienced a strong wind storm at sea. We weren't in an aft cabin but were on deck 10, and as I was filming the waves splashing all the way up to our level. A deck lounger flew by, just like in the Wizard of Oz and disappeared in the storm. Wild!!! Don't know where it came from, but I'm glad I wasn't standing near it at the time! It does make for a pretty dramatic demonstration about the storm for those who ask to see our pics though:).

Love.II.Cruise

You never know about the deck furniture. We were on the TA aboard Marina and experienced a strong wind storm at sea. We weren't in an aft cabin but were on deck 10, and as I was filming the waves splashing all the way up to our level. A deck lounger flew by, just like in the Wizard of Oz and disappeared in the storm. Wild!!! Don't know where it came from, but I'm glad I wasn't standing near it at the time! It does make for a pretty dramatic demonstration about the storm for those who ask to see our pics though:).

OMG!!! Do you have pics of that to post on this thread? Or did you post part of that video on YouTube? How wild!

• 1 month later...

You did indeed win the lottery - and again this morning. ;)

I was worried about motion, being right at the front of the little Insignia on our Mar/12 southern crossing, but the water was like glass all the way across. Small whitecaps appeared only once we entered the Straight of Gibraltar. The warm temperatures were a surprise too. We used our balcony every day.

You did indeed win the lottery - and again this morning. ;)

I was worried about motion, being right at the front of the little Insignia on our Mar/12 southern crossing, but the water was like glass all the way across. Small whitecaps appeared only once we entered the Straight of Gibraltar. The warm temperatures were a surprise too. We used our balcony every day.

By that wink, I almost think you had something to do with it! :)

By that wink, I almost think you had something to do with it! :)

LOL. No, I just meant that anyone who was able to book Islands and Incas this morning won the lottery. Incredible that there were waiting lists only two hours after booking opened.

Archived