New Celebrity 4 Day Promotion?

CathyCruises

I just got an email about a new promotion; $750 credit on cruise air per person on select sailings, but you must book within the next few days. Not bookable on line--you have to call, and in general it has to be balcony or above.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this, and if the prices quoted for the cruise itself are the same as they are online without the promotion? I hate to go through the hassles of calling just to find out that they have raised the prices to cover the cost of the promo!

Here's the wording of the email:

Our weekend air sale from 50 North American gateways starts today. Eligible itineraries include cruises departing October 21, 2012 to March 28, 2013, to exotic destinations such as the Holy Land, Europe, the Caribbean, Asia, Australia & New Zealand, and the South Pacific.*

This special offer is available for new veranda and above stateroom bookings made today, August 17th, 5pm EST until August 19th, 2012, at midnight EST. This offer is not bookable online, so call today.

I got the email today,

Our weekend air sale from 50 North American gateways starts today. Eligible itineraries include cruises departing October 21, 2012 to March 28, 2013, to exotic destinations such as the Holy Land, Europe, the Caribbean, Asia, Australia & New Zealand, and the South Pacific.*

This special offer is available for new veranda and above stateroom bookings made today, August 17th, 5pm EST until August 19th, 2012, at midnight EST. This offer is not bookable online, so call today.

The email states to call Celebrity or your TA.

I too got the email and got excited since I have booked the Summit with my 2 daughters for spring break. So I called, they don't really have any information on the promo, so the supervisor was trying to find out. However the marketing department is closed until Monday, so we were laughing that they would get the info after it is over! How stupid that they tell you that you have to call but then don't give the information to the agents! :confused:

But there is also a "learn more" button in the email which takes you to the applicable cruises and dates. So I did find out my sailing is not included, but I do think the email is a little misleading with those dates and itineraries as listed.

So I will keep my booking as is, it does have the "Holiday Shipboard Credit" offer on it which of course is good for December through March Sailings! Go figure! :D

Hope this helps!

Pat

I too got the email and got excited since I have booked the Summit with my 2 daughters for spring break. So I called, they don't really have any information on the promo, so the supervisor was trying to find out. However the marketing department is closed until Monday, so we were laughing that they would get the info after it is over! How stupid that they tell you that you have to call but then don't give the information to the agents! :confused:

But there is also a "learn more" button in the email which takes you to the applicable cruises and dates. So I did find out my sailing is not included, but I do think the email is a little misleading with those dates and itineraries as listed.

So I will keep my booking as is, it does have the "Holiday Shipboard Credit" offer on it which of course is good for December through March Sailings! Go figure! :D

Hope this helps!

Pat

Well, it DOES say for new bookings only; but ludicrous that no one knows about it! And you're right--by the time they 'know,' the sail sale will be over!:rolleyes:

Archived