Teenagers and their spending on ship

Mattmax

Is there a way to limit them with a prepaid card of some sort? We want to give our kids lots of independance on the trip, but they could both put away 2 or 3 virgin drinks an hour, and we don't want to scrub decks at the end of the trip :eek:

That's easy, you can put a block on their card to prevent them from charging.

IMO, there's certainly enough food and drinks provided that they'll survive until dinner...or until they see you and you can buy them a drink!

Do they need cash for the arcade or dose that go on the card too? We are first time cruisers leaving June 6th on the Legend.:D Taking two 16 year olds and a 10 year old.

Thank you,

Sheila

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the good advice, we ended up just telling our kids they could have 2 specialty drinks a day, and that was that. They were with us the majority of the cruise anyway and it was a non-issue. We had a great time, due in part to the wonderful information we gleaned from these boards! THANKS AGAIN:D

My in-laws are going to be on the Victory next week. Since they leave on Sunday (Fathers Day) my husband wants to get him a soda card. This is something he will not buy himself.

Can you tell me how much they are and if we can buy one and pay for it ourselves for them without them knowing? We would like for it to be a surprise when they get to their cabin.

Soda ard will cost about 44.00 for your cruise. When you buy the card tell the person that you are giving it as a gift.. he will then fill in the name of the person who its for. If for some chance someone buys it for him too..save the receipt and take it back to the pursers office to get a refund.

ohhh I see you are not going on the cruise... and leaving on sunday-- No, sorry there isnt much you can do now. I think all orders must be places within 7 days of your cruise. But you can try calling and ordering soda coupons. 4 sodas for 6.20. 1-800-906-7603

The last post is the way that i would also do it. Tell the kids that they each have $40 for the entire cruise. Then half way through add some more money. That way it seems like a treat and you will never go above your limit.
What a great idea. I didn't know we could do this!

There is a lot of stuff you can do-

Have you checked out the gift page on Carnivals web site?

Have you considered buying the kids funship dollars so they can turn them in for their own accouints once onboard?

Archived