just off Dawn any ?

MAMATAMA

Hi Mamatama!

I have several questions, but I will start with the most important one first.

We will be going on the NCL Dawn in Jan 2013. I have been reading on several recent Cruise Critic threads that the noise in bars and main atrium lobby are excessively loud. What was your opinion on the noise level? We did the NCL Star this year and didn't have a problem with noise pollution. THANKS!

The noise level in the bars and lounges were very loud, we had reservations at le bestro and they wanted t osit us out side by the lounge, it was soloud we coudn't hearthe hostess talking. We refused and were seated in the resturant and it was very nice and quiet.

The bar in the main atrium had great entertainment and was not any where nearly as loud.

We had an owners suit for our cabin.

We loved the Moderno and ate there twice and loved it,I think its a hidden gem. THe food is awsome and they serve it to you on skewers and cut it table side, Its a fun experience, you are able to try ten different meats. Wel worth the money.

We also used the coupon from face book for the free bottleof wine it worked great, its posted somewhere here.

The lebistro was nice also, loved the muscles, we saw them being cooked in a demo and they wee amazing..

Cagneys was not my favorite... just not that impressed with it..

Did not notice any blue and or yellow dots, but only walked though a few times we used our balcony instead.

Hope this was helpfull...anything else just ask

Thanks for the reply. I hope the blue dots catch on, even if they're not on the Dawn yet.

Just wondering if you might have heard any comments on the mini suites onboard? Or did you have any issues with noise for

Above or below in the owners suite?

we had no noise issues in our cabin, a couple of rude kids across the way but they were only a bothr once or twice. toher thanthat very peacfull and very relaxig...

Ceasar the butler is not the best. not to out going very quiet and did not offer much, Karobi the concierge never saw her, we saw her day one and the last day with that was it she was usless...

Michael or cabin steward was amazing... the best ever..

I am unfamiliar with dots? Please explain. We just did a NCL cruise January 2012.

NCL has apparently been piloting a program to combat the dreaded chair hog where they are marking 'saved' chairs with a blue or yellow dot and then after a period of time, if no one returns, removing the items that were 'saving' the chair. So far it's only been on a few ships in the fleet, but hopefully will be fleet wide at some point.

Archived