Indonesia Tour Companies/Guides

acruisergirl

Going on an Indonesian cruise in January 2013 to Semarang (Java), Lombok Island, Benoa (Bali), Komodo, Celukan Bawang (Bali). Looking to arrange private tours for a group of 6. I've check our roll-call but not much action. Any help with the not to be missed places of interest or local tour company/guide feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Pat

• 1 year later...

Bringing this post up again as the link is not working. I need to find a tour company in Indonesia that can help with tours in and out of Jakarta, Bali and others before a cruise from Bali to Osaka Japan. I have not come up with much in the line of tours or guides with private cars for 3 adults.

Bringing this post up again as the link is not working. I need to find a tour company in Indonesia that can help with tours in and out of Jakarta, Bali and others before a cruise from Bali to Osaka Japan. I have not come up with much in the line of tours or guides with private cars for 3 adults.

If you want an excellent car/driver in Bali I came fully recommend Fredy of "Drivers with Distinction". Nothing is too much trouble for this young man.There is a link a link to him on the company's Website. Not sure what you need in Jakarta-- we were there for only 1 day as a cruise port but if you want to leave the city --especially at weekends --traffic is horrendous so be aware of time issues.

You were so right about Jakarta -- we didn't really need to be in that city. We really are going to Yogyokarta where there are two UNESCO world heritage sights, arts and culture enough for the city to be in 1000 places to see before you die and lots of tour companies to choose from. Will travel from Tokyo where most flights come in to Singapore (using Singapore Air so might as well finish the sightseeing wants there that were started 2012 cruise) then to JOG for 4 days and then Bali for 2 before the cruise. I love it when the whole trip starts to fall into place perfectly. All on one open-jaw ticket for $1,400 from LAX.:D

I also highly recommend Drivers of Distinction in Bali. They have quite a few drivers (we had Tony) and he was wonderful. Judging by cruise critic and tripadvisor, all their drivers are top notch. They charge about $65 per car for the whole day and will take you wherever you want to go, and also recommend tours for you.

Thanks I will check them out. Will need transfers from airport,3 days of touring (one of days will be embarkation day the other is a docked day plus 2 days before embarkation) for 3 adults. Do these drivers have cars big enough for 3 adults (I'm fluffy:o) and 3 suitcases/3 carryon? Usually I try for a van because cars are tiny in other parts of the world and I, sigh, am not.

Where do you like to stay in Bali? How far from the airport? How far from the pier?

Thanks I will check them out. Will need transfers from airport,3 days of touring (one of days will be embarkation day the other is a docked day plus 2 days before embarkation) for 3 adults. Do these drivers have cars big enough for 3 adults (I'm fluffy:o) and 3 suitcases/3 carryon? Usually I try for a van because cars are tiny in other parts of the world and I, sigh, am not.

Where do you like to stay in Bali? How far from the airport? How far from the pier?

Their cars can take 6 passengers + the driver. We had 4 of us travelling on the 2 days we used Fredy. Luggage should be no problem for 3 of you.

we didnt stay on the island just overnight on cruise ship.

HI Bowie MeMe,

When you are visiting Bali, do you want to stay in the Centre of the action (Kuta) or somewhere quieter like Sanur (on the east coast)? To stay in Kuta (or South Kuta to be precise), once you clear immigration and customs, it can be as quick as 15 - 30 minutes to find a taxi or your driver and be at your hotel. Sanur is further away, about 45 minutes from the airport. Lots of people who travel to Bali have their favourite areas (Seminyak/Nusa Dua/ Ubud) and many hotels will/can have transfers included in the price.

No matter where you stay in Bali driving there will be a big part of the adventure!!!

Anyone been to Nusa Lambongan, Bali?

Where do boats leave from (any from Benoa?) going to NL? And how far, how long boat ride to get there?

Appreciate any info anyone can provide on Nusa Lambongan.

Thank you.

Edited by theampres
Add

We are going to Bali Jan 2015 on a Celebrity cruise. We have 2 overnights (3 days) on the cruise docking in Benoa. We want to stay at the Elephant Safari Lodge for one night and visit the Monkey Forest. Do you have any other suggestions of things to do?

Can I arrange to have Freddy pick us up at the ship in Benoa, take us to the Monkey Forest and leave us there for a couple of hours and then take us to the Elephant Safari Lodge or do you know how far the Lodge is from the Monkey Forest. It might be safer to have him drop us off at the Lodge so we can leave our luggage there and then take us to the Monkey Forest so that our luggage isn't in the car.

The next day we would want a pick up at the Elephant Safari Lodge and maybe some touring around...... any suggestions? I think I saw that Uluwatu is nice? We have never been to Asia so we are open to any suggestions.

On day 3, the ship leaves at 2pm so we will have to go somewhere close to the Benoa harbour, any suggestions?

Is it too early to book Freddy now if we aren't going until next Jan? Did you have to pay in advance?

Thanks

Angela

We are going to Bali Jan 2015 on a Celebrity cruise. We have 2 overnights (3 days) on the cruise docking in Benoa. We want to stay at the Elephant Safari Lodge for one night and visit the Monkey Forest. Do you have any other suggestions of things to do?

Can I arrange to have Freddy pick us up at the ship in Benoa, take us to the Monkey Forest and leave us there for a couple of hours and then take us to the Elephant Safari Lodge or do you know how far the Lodge is from the Monkey Forest. It might be safer to have him drop us off at the Lodge so we can leave our luggage there and then take us to the Monkey Forest so that our luggage isn't in the car.

The next day we would want a pick up at the Elephant Safari Lodge and maybe some touring around...... any suggestions? I think I saw that Uluwatu is nice? We have never been to Asia so we are open to any suggestions.

On day 3, the ship leaves at 2pm so we will have to go somewhere close to the Benoa harbour, any suggestions?

Is it too early to book Freddy now if we aren't going until next Jan? Did you have to pay in advance?

Thanks

Angela

Hi Angela

I cant answer all of your questions as we only had 2 days in Bali & didnt see some of the places you mentioned. We also overnighted on the ship.

We booked Fredy approx 6 months before our trip so I dont think its too early to contact him. He will be honest with you as to what its feasible to do in your time frame.

Ubud & the surrounding artist village is well worth a look & very close to the Monkey Forest.

The rice fields at Uluwatu are lovely & Fredy took us there via a bumpy road as an alternative to the main route so that we could see the villages around it. We went to another lovely rice terrace area but I cant recall its name + the Branaton Lake area, a local market & saw lots of other out on the way places. Fredy is very attentive as to whether you want to see the more tourist parts of the island or the local places. we largely chose the latter.

You will probably be offered a chance to see Balinese dancing which we did. A shortish tour from Benoa is to Tanah Lot which thought quite busy is beautiful. This could be done quite easily on your final morning.. Hope this helps.

Hi Angela

I cant answer all of your questions as we only had 2 days in Bali & didnt see some of the places you mentioned. We also overnighted on the ship.

We booked Fredy approx 6 months before our trip so I dont think its too early to contact him. He will be honest with you as to what its feasible to do in your time frame.

Ubud & the surrounding artist village is well worth a look & very close to the Monkey Forest.

The rice fields at Uluwatu are lovely & Fredy took us there via a bumpy road as an alternative to the main route so that we could see the villages around it. We went to another lovely rice terrace area but I cant recall its name + the Branaton Lake area, a local market & saw lots of other out on the way places. Fredy is very attentive as to whether you want to see the more tourist parts of the island or the local places. we largely chose the latter.

You will probably be offered a chance to see Balinese dancing which we did. A shortish tour from Benoa is to Tanah Lot which thought quite busy is beautiful. This could be done quite easily on your final morning.. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, I'll email Freddy.

Angela

Thank you very much, I'll email Freddy.

Angela

Saw your post on tours...did you tour to the Komodo Island? We are on a cruise ship and I'd love to take a DIY tour instead of a ships tour. do you recommend a tour?