Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Loved Epic's Ice Bar, but don't know if we want to spend another $40 to do it again.

Just to be clear...it cost $20/person right? That includes 2 drinks?

We were so busy on the Epic that we never actually made it into the ice bar. We are thinking of hosting some of our guests during the wedding cruise...in for a penny in for a pound.

We were so busy on the Epic that we never actually made it into the ice bar. We are thinking of hosting some of our guests during the wedding cruise...in for a penny in for a pound.

Maybe I am wrong but I remember it being $80.00 maybe that was for John and I both. But when one person doesn't drink that is an awful high price to pay for the short amount of time you are going to be spending in a place freezing to death.

Unless the price has changed when we went it was $20.00 per person which included 2 drinks each. When you consider the overall prices for drinks on a cruise ship...it wasn't that much more really.

I thought I read somewhere that the haven suites came with wifi. Can anyone confirm? I can't remember where I read that. Since I haven't heard anything since, I'm thinking what I might have read is "wifi access is AVAILABLE"

Also, my last cruise was ( GASP) 9 years ago. At that time, my husband and I were able to use our cell phones (our plan included free roaming and long distance) however, this may have only been in the ports. I'm wondering what cell service is like these days. Also, back then I didn't have a smartphone. If it matters, we have Verizon.

We only cruise in the Haven suites (Used to be the Courtyard Villas). Wifi is not free and if you are lucky you can get access to the system. We were on the EPIC in 2011 and had 3 different computers and could only get access on 1 of them. When I called NCL last time I made the statement that I hope access will be better on the Breakaway and they said they are supposed to be trying to make it better but who knows until you get on it and try. When we were on another NCL ship many years ago in a Owners Suite it came with a computer in it but we just used our own. Lets hope they have a good system in place for all of us computer people!!!!

when does she start her trans atlantic to nyc...

also as we are new to norwegian can you tell me if there is an adult only area?

what is that big square on her aft?

any idea on Capt and Cruise director--any info on how said CD is?

info on Splash Academy

also on BC cat cabin said it will sleep 4 anyone know if this is a bunk set up with a hide away that drops from the ceiling?

Balcony rails solid or open...

sorry if this has been answered...

thanks

when does she start her trans atlantic to nyc... The breakaway leaves Rotterdam on April 28, heads to Southampton, leaves there April 29 and sails to NYC, arriving on May 7.

also as we are new to norwegian can you tell me if there is an adult only area? Yes, deck 16 is adult only deck, at stern of deck 16.http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/bars-and-lounges/spice-h20/

Not sure about the square, but you are probably looking at the jumbo screen, shown on previous link.

Can't help with the other questions, sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not me' date=' I can do that 5 months of the year in my backyard ;)[/quote']

It's Snowing and cold today!!!Guess someone didn't get the memo that last Wednesday was supposed to be the start of spring lol ... I'm still looking forward to visiting the ice bar as well as everything else on the ship. -- Counting down the days. 48 to go!!!!

here's the description on NCL.com

Norwegian Breakaway will offer a true Ice Bar on board, which will be kept at 17 degrees Fahrenheit and will feature ice sculptures of the Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty and the Chrysler Building to pay homage to New York City, the ship’s year-round homeport. The Ice Bar will also feature New York City-inspired specialty cocktails

The Ice Bar will feature six New York City-Inspired Specialty Cocktails:

Spiked Apple Juice: Vodka, sour apple schnapps, melon liqueur and a splash of fresh lemon sour;

Broadway Dreams: Vodka and ice wine chilled straight;

Yellow Cab: Vodka, peach schnapps and orange juice;

Times Square Lights: Citron vodka, blue curacao and fresh lemon sour;

Central Park: Citron vodka, ice wine, and lemon/lime soda;

Rock Center: Ice wine, vodka, blue curacao and club soda.

The Ice Bar will also serve two non-alcoholic beverages – the Lady Liberty, made of strawberry puree, pineapple juice and lemon juice, and the Coney Island, with orange juice, vanilla ice cream and milk. All drinks are served in specially-created glasses made entirely of ice.

http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/bars-and-lounges/ice-bar/

also here is the link for the Freestyle dining guide --

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/DiningGuide_03062013.pdf

it lists the soda package price and the "adult beverage package" that someone asked about earlier...

hope the links work --- Enjoy today!!!!!

when does she start her trans atlantic to nyc... The breakaway leaves Rotterdam on April 28, heads to Southampton, leaves there April 29 and sails to NYC, arriving on May 7.

Just a correction -- Breakaway is hosting UK-based travel agents on April 29. Then she starts her transatlantic on April 30.

- Mike :-)

also as we are new to norwegian can you tell me if there is an adult only area? Yes, deck 16 is adult only deck, at stern of deck 16.http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/bars-and-lounges/spice-h20/

Not sure about the square, but you are probably looking at the jumbo screen, shown on previous link.

Can't help with the other questions, sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually she does a one night cruise from Southampton on the 29th for media and travel agents. She departs for New York on the 30th.

Since there are really no new photos to post thought another breakaway epic comparison would be fun. ;)

Is the NCL Breakaway taller than the Epic, or is this just an illusion?

As I asked months ago, I wonder how much clearance there will be, going under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, NYC ?

I think the Epic has a prettier backend then the Breakaway...lol;)

Breakaway's got kind of a hourglass figure when viewed from the back! :) I wonder why they didn't take the sides of the ship out to be either tapered down or even with the the outer parts of decks 8 and 15?

Is the NCL Breakaway taller than the Epic, or is this just an illusion?

As I asked months ago, I wonder how much clearance there will be, going under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, NYC ?

Response from NCL "Bridge? What Bridge??? rut ro!" ;)

They're both a bit chunky-looking from the back but that's fine with me. I'm more interested in being on the inside looking out than on the outside looking in :)

The only thing that bothers me is that forward-facing balconies are disappearing. On the rare occasions that I can splurge on a suite I like to have a forward-facing one. Is this the way all new ships are built now?

Shipshape I think the epic is actully one deck taller than breakaway I was also wondering why it looked taller but I think it's the sports area structure that makes it appear this way but that just a guess on my part. The epic had French builders and as we all know breakaway is German built interesting style changes.i always wanted to sail epic but now I'm thrilled to be sailing on breakaway:)

Breakaway headed out to the North Sea for more trials. I think she returns this time on the 29th. [ATTACH]265685[/ATTACH]

attachment.php?attachmentid=265685&d=1364239875

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Are you ready to cool down in the ice bar on Norwegian Breakaway?

482151_10151645384541414_1775307127_n.jpg

Thank you both for the updates.

Archived