Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

just booked Breakaway for this May. 2 bedroom Haven (last room available) :D

some questions if anyone knows... it will be myself, dh, dd13 and ds11. Someone told me the kids can come in the Ice Bar w/ us (maybe daytime only or something?) Wondering if anyone knows if that's true. Would love for them to see it if they're allowed.

Is there an outside movie screen area for families? Or indoor movies?

I see mini golf, the cool ropes course, rock climbing wall, basketball court and waterslides. (all of it amazing!!) am I missing anything?

will there be fireworks? I thought I read summer cruises will have them. How about May?

Tia for any info. I'm very excited!!!

I think the outside screen is for adults only. They have an indoor one in the atrium too.

There are fireworks on the 2nd to last night.

What date do you sail?

29ktk45.jpg

© Fotocommunity.de

Sorry, I am late to the party. I just decided to give NCL a try.

Did they explain what the pictures were supposed to represent? Just wondering about the big sun and the other planet things. Is it because it is going to the bahamas/caribbean?

Maggie

Sorry, I am late to the party. I just decided to give NCL a try.

Did they explain what the pictures were supposed to represent? Just wondering about the big sun and the other planet things. Is it because it is going to the bahamas/caribbean?

Maggie

Something to do with NYC being the center of the universe.

The more I see it the more I like the painting but hate the signature. It really looks like the ship is called the 'Peter Max". He must laugh to himself every time he sees it.

some questions if anyone knows... it will be myself, dh, dd13 and ds11. Someone told me the kids can come in the Ice Bar w/ us (maybe daytime only or something?) Wondering if anyone knows if that's true. Would love for them to see it if they're allowed.

will there be fireworks? I thought I read summer cruises will have them. How about May?

Kids are allowed in the Ice Bar, it's only open in the evenings. It's $20 per person since there are non-alcoholic drinks.

Yes, there will be fireworks in May :)

Any thoughts on whether there will be fireworks on the inaugural Trans-Atlantic cruise? I'm hoping so...we will be on the inaugural for the Getaway, so I would hope if the Breakaway did have the fireworks, the Getaway would as well.

Also, I know not to expect a Grucci Family fireworks performance...maybe 4-5 minutes long. As you would be cruising back to the home port, will they slow the boat down or come to a stop? I can't imagine NCL shooting fireworks off while cruising at 22 knots!

I know Disney does fireworks on their cruises and I have not been on Disney, I'm just really curious how it will be done on a cruise ship. I'm an avid fireworks enthusiast, anything fireworks fascinates me!

Something to do with NYC being the center of the universe.

The more I see it the more I like the painting but hate the signature. It really looks like the ship is called the 'Peter Max". He must laugh to himself every time he sees it.

Peter Max would be a better name than Breakaway! Ha Ha:D

Any thoughts on whether there will be fireworks on the inaugural Trans-Atlantic cruise? I'm hoping so...we will be on the inaugural for the Getaway, so I would hope if the Breakaway did have the fireworks, the Getaway would as well.

Also, I know not to expect a Grucci Family fireworks performance...maybe 4-5 minutes long. As you would be cruising back to the home port, will they slow the boat down or come to a stop? I can't imagine NCL shooting fireworks off while cruising at 22 knots!

I know Disney does fireworks on their cruises and I have not been on Disney, I'm just really curious how it will be done on a cruise ship. I'm an avid fireworks enthusiast, anything fireworks fascinates me!

According to a press release of January 8, 2013, " The environmentally-friendly pyrotechnics display will dazzle guests on the second to the last night at sea each week after the ship departs Bermuda during her summer inaugural season". "As the fireworks blast to the beat of the music, guests will enjoy an experience unlike anything else offered at sea on New York's ship". Apparently from what I read the music is from the 1980's.

Thank you all so much for wonderfull pictures and great information. This is the best thread ever. I just called my TA and switched my room from 13th floor aft penthouse to 12th. Bigger balcony always wins. :D

You were booked in a 13th floor AFT penthouse? The 13th floor balcony does look much smaller. I'm currently booked in s7 (forward penthouse) and want to switch to aft but am debating which deck! My husband and I always think the higher the better but based on pics, I'm thinking deck 12

Just received an email from Vivian Ewart advising that our suite 13706

is a PrivaSea balcony.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for booking your vacation on Norwegian Breakaway, the newest, largest and most exciting cruise ship to ever homeport in New York City.

Our records indicate you’ve reserved a suite with a PrivaSea balcony. As the name suggests, these spacious balconies are enclosed, affording you more privacy and comfort in your balcony space. If a PrivaSea balcony is not what you had in mind, simply contact us at 1-855-625-4283 or call your travel professional.

- For a TransAtlantic I think we are going to keep the room, as I feel it may keep the room a tad warmer. As I highly doubt we are going to be spending much time on the balcony besides when we arrive in NYC and when leaving Southampton

Received the same letter. Right now I'm trying to figure out which s6 deck I want because my husband wants out of that s7 room 13706!!

Disney does slow way down, essentially to a stop. They shoot them off the side of the ship.

They also wait for no other ships to be nearby. I'm not sure how much is safety versus not wanting them to have a free show.

Loungerz (topicstarter) and I will be on the 1nighter from Rotterdam with friends, we will be posting live photos on the morning/afternoon when we embark and during sail away (provided we have long enough coverage from our Dutch cellphone providers to avoid massive dataroaming through the Bahama's by NCL satellite ;)). But since the Waterweg canal from cruiseterminal to open sea is quite a stretch we will be sure te deliver some reports/nearly live news!

Sailaway will be at 4pm local Dutch time on 4/28.

If we embark at perhap noon, this will be the timezone when you can expect the first hand on reports:

Rotterdam (The Netherlands) zondag, 28 april 2013, 12:00 CEST UTC+2 hours

New York (U.S.A. - New York) zondag, 28 april 2013, 06:00 EDT UTC-4 hours

Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) zondag, 28 april 2013, 03:00 PDT UTC-7 hours

Second or even better;

Andreas Depping won a competition and will also be onboard or even before the 1nighter 4/28 and I bet he will post the most and best photos.

So exciting! Can't wait! Thanks in advance!!

Disney does slow way down, essentially to a stop. They shoot them off the side of the ship.

They also wait for no other ships to be nearby. I'm not sure how much is safety versus not wanting them to have a free show.

That is very useful info, I been wondering about the best part of the ship to see the display and essentially get good pictures. I will try to get more info on it once I board the ship. I wonder if they will follow a similar protocol to the Disney one.

A couple folks wanted to see my Breakaway model. Here is work in progress on Gem and Breakaway of similar scale. They are approx. 1/900 scale.

The second picture gives you an idea of my use of balsa wood and plastic.

Wow! Nice work!!

Thank you for the feedback on the models. Here are couple pictures of my finished work, including the S.S. United States that is in the Card Room on the Gem. The other two are Epic and S.S. Norway.

The Norway has always been my favarite to build.

HMMMMM, live in Vernon CT and "handle" is GMCOLT, I'm thinking a retired Colt Firearms manager or something like that??? I grew up in Newington and Southington CT.

You were booked in a 13th floor AFT penthouse? The 13th floor balcony does look much smaller. I'm currently booked in s7 (forward penthouse) and want to switch to aft but am debating which deck! My husband and I always think the higher the better but based on pics, I'm thinking deck 12

We always go for the top decks, the price for S4 was too expensive for us, so the next best thing seemed S6. Deck 9 and 12 the balconies look larger than the rest based on all the information I got here. We are very happy with our choice. Now I'm looking forward to all the pictures that will come in soon, since there are no floor plans out yet. :)

Just a thought. NCL has commissioned Peter Max to do the hull art. Not the other way round. This is a typical Max design with overly large signature. His paintings consist of different themes. E.g. Planets, lady liberty, the sun, music, etc. He was very excited about this opportunity and could not speak of anything else.

A couple folks wanted to see my Breakaway model. Here is work in progress on Gem and Breakaway of similar scale. They are approx. 1/900 scale.

The second picture gives you an idea of my use of balsa wood and plastic.

Wow GMCOLT that is VERY impressive work. Thanks for sharing :)

And thanks so much to all for posting everything you do. I can not wait to get home from work every day and catch up :)

It's odd, no daily Facebook update yet. This is latest I seen them post it.

Maybe NCL was taking a little extra time to put together an April Fool's edition. On that note I was actually thinking of putting together (or at least hoping someone on here might)a faked news article or headline, or photoshopped image, that the Breakaway ran aground or sank, or at least that it encountered major testing delays that meant the May & June sailings were cancelled...or maybe that the Heritage Wharf construction was cancelled indefinitely, and that NCL cruises to Bermunda were cancelled indefinitely......hehehehehe, I would have PAID to see peoples reactions to a well-formed hoax of this nature on this thread :D:D:D:D:D

Maybe NCL was taking a little extra time to put together an April Fool's edition. On that note I was actually thinking of putting together (or at least hoping someone on here might)a faked news article or headline, or photoshopped image, that the Breakaway ran aground or sank, or at least that it encountered major testing delays that meant the May & June sailings were cancelled...or maybe that the Heritage Wharf construction was cancelled indefinitely, and that NCL cruises to Bermunda were cancelled indefinitely......hehehehehe, I would have PAID to see peoples reactions to a well-formed hoax of this nature on this thread :D:D:D:D:D

I though about it but then got lazy:)

Archived