Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Wait...what is this "bar set up" you speak of??? :eek: And how does one go about arranging it? Never sailed NCL before so I nothing about it (price, etc)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

A bar set you buy in advance ,they have a bottle of liquor in your room with some mixers (soda,or seltzer) and glasses.If you want a drink in your room it's right there.Its not a bad deal.

So I downloaded the Norwegian iConciege app for my android. How do I use it on the ship without incurring additional data charges from my provider. The app says that you get to use the ship wifi for free to use the app.

That is interesting....did the app cost anything?? It sounds too good to be true. I had $500 worth of data charges when I last sailed...eek!!...at&t was nice and just charged me $30 as some kind of package.

That is interesting....did the app cost anything?? It sounds too good to be true. I had $500 worth of data charges when I last sailed...eek!!...at&t was nice and just charged me $30 as some kind of package.

It's an app about the ship that can be used on the ship only. Can't get to any other sites without logging in, only info about the ship. Only available on Rpic, and now Breakaway so far I think!

Robin

*Mobile device must be on airplane mode and WiFi connection enabled to avoid at-sea cellular rates and roaming charges

states only for Epic at moment

see thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1601897

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/iCONCIERGE_ver4.pdf

http://www.ncl.com/downloads/iconcierge

Home > Downloads > IconciergeShare

1 / 1A FREE APP, JUST FOR NORWEGIAN EPIC CRUISERS: Norwegian iConcierge

Now Norwegians can unwind, unplug and still stay connected. Our Norwegian iConcierge app keeps you informed about everything going on, lets you make reservations for Shore Excursions and more on board Norwegian Epic. You can plan your playtime with just one hand — which is great because your other hand will probably be holding an umbrella drink.

You can access on-demand information and real-time services, including:

Shore Excursions Previews and Bookings

Restaurant Information with Menus and Bookings

Folio Review

General Information, such as Onboard Services, Spa Services, and Shopping

Daily Activities Highlights

Cruise Rewards Information

Messenger/Phone Features with Other Guests during your cruise on board Norwegian Epic (Nominal One-Time Fee During Cruise)

Phone Calling with Family and Friends Back Home from Norwegian Epic (Nominal Per Minute Fee During Cruise)

Once you are onboard, access the Norwegian iConcierge app for step-by-step instructions on how to connect onboard.

No meal included, I passed on it.

Two years ago on Epic we left the Second City show in the middle of it.

Couldn't stand the cheap politically charged "jokes". Do not plan to see them on Breakaway either.

Sorry...it is called shipmate and I have one on my android. Before it wasn't showing all the locations on each deck but now it does.

Oh that's the app I have, but mine hasn't updated, still shows the "coming soon" blank areas on the map...

A bar set you buy in advance ,they have a bottle of liquor in your room with some mixers (soda,or seltzer) and glasses.If you want a drink in your room it's right there.Its not a bad deal.

And how does one go about doing this? Something to be done by phone or online? Any way to know ballpark prices??

*Mobile device must be on airplane mode and WiFi connection enabled to avoid at-sea cellular rates and roaming charges

states only for Epic at moment

see thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1601897

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/iCONCIERGE_ver4.pdf

http://www.ncl.com/downloads/iconcierge

Home > Downloads > IconciergeShare

1 / 1A FREE APP, JUST FOR NORWEGIAN EPIC CRUISERS: Norwegian iConcierge

Now Norwegians can unwind, unplug and still stay connected. Our Norwegian iConcierge app keeps you informed about everything going on, lets you make reservations for Shore Excursions and more on board Norwegian Epic. You can plan your playtime with just one hand — which is great because your other hand will probably be holding an umbrella drink.

You can access on-demand information and real-time services, including:

Shore Excursions Previews and Bookings

Restaurant Information with Menus and Bookings

Folio Review

General Information, such as Onboard Services, Spa Services, and Shopping

Daily Activities Highlights

Cruise Rewards Information

Messenger/Phone Features with Other Guests during your cruise on board Norwegian Epic (Nominal One-Time Fee During Cruise)

Phone Calling with Family and Friends Back Home from Norwegian Epic (Nominal Per Minute Fee During Cruise)

Once you are onboard, access the Norwegian iConcierge app for step-by-step instructions on how to connect onboard.

Thank you so much for the info.

I just downloaded the Shipmate app for NCL on my Motorola razr maxx...looks great, has really great deck plans, etc. Anxious to see how reports go as far as people actually using it on board. A little leary of how it will work, as far as data updates, etc, accidental charges due to that. I think I read to put in airplane mode on board. Would that completely work to stop all data charges. It also said to allow ship wifi...so how does that work to have in airplane mode and allow wifi at the same time. I do not want to be surprised and have charges at the end of the cruise for automatic updating, roaming, etc.

We might not know until people come back and report how they used it, but thought I would ask anyway. :)

I just downloaded the Shipmate app for NCL on my Motorola razr maxx...looks great, has really great deck plans, etc. Anxious to see how reports go as far as people actually using it on board. A little leary of how it will work, as far as data updates, etc, accidental charges due to that. I think I read to put in airplane mode on board. Would that completely work to stop all data charges. It also said to allow ship wifi...so how does that work to have in airplane mode and allow wifi at the same time. I do not want to be surprised and have charges at the end of the cruise for automatic updating, roaming, etc.

We might not know until people come back and report how they used it, but thought I would ask anyway. :)

Are you talking about ship mate or norwegian iconcierge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I think we need some clarification about apps.

Shipmate is not produced by NCL. There are shipmate apps for many cruise companies and they give useful info for planning your trip (deck plans etc). It is of no use at all on the ship.

Iconcierge is made by NCL and currently only works on the Epic. I'm not sure whether there has been any notification about the Breakaway although it would be odd if they didn't make it available on the new ships.

It allows you to do things like book things, check your account, and communicate with others over the ships wifi. It has probably changed since I used it a year ago, but if it does give you any sort of Internet access then it will be expensive.

Basically, if you want the Internet, be prepared to pay cruise line prices.

Wait...what is this "bar set up" you speak of??? :eek: And how does one go about arranging it? Never sailed NCL before so I nothing about it (price, etc)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Here is the phone number I called to set it up. Also here is the link to the board with all the information and pricing, types of liquor.

Phone 1.800.327.7030

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1809859&highlight=bar+setup

Sorry, but we've been twice (2010 and again in 2012) and we enjoyed both times very much and the food.

It's very subjective.

My whole family LOVED the show on the Epic, but the food was just so-so. I had already warned everyone ahead of time that it was a show with food, but probably not New Orleans quality food. So I told them to eat before we went and that after the show there was certainly plenty of food all around the ship to eat. The dessert was good. After the show, we all agreed that just the show was worth the cover charge! But we did go find some food!

I love Cirque shows and have spent $100 or more for each ticket when I have gone to their shows. So the price onboard is a good value IMHO.

It was free. I like free. I would love to play around with it but I can't until I am on the ship. I will be making a call to Sprint. I know I just need to change one setting but I have forgotten which one. LOL

I am surprised interior pictures have not surfaced after the sea trials. Normally at least a contractor or 2 onboard post some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I agree 100% I am shocked that with less than a month to go we dont have any sneak peaks yet. Call me a conspiracy theorist but NCL has really done a great job from not letting the jeanie out of the bottle. In 2010, we had all sorts of leaked photos of cabins for the Epic. NCL also produced those great Epic teaser videos.

Like all of you, I am going nuts waiting for the photos!!!!

I hope to share a few pics each day during the trip, but it will depend on how good the ship's satellite WiFi connection is. But after the trip I will upload lots of pics to Flickr and/or Travelpod, and share those links as well.

- Mike :-)

That's great, thank you!

I think that maybe NCL believes that controlling and limiting the photos and info they are creating a buzz and hype on these type of boards, and in the NCL community about the ship. I believe that might be true up until recently . Now I think people that have booked are getting annoyed and the people that have not booked are waiting for some concrete info before they do. So NCL is not really gaining anything by withholding the info.

Or maybe everyone at NCL is too busy reading Gambees review of the competition to see if they can make any last minute improvements to the breakaway. :)

Archived