Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I think we need some clarification about apps.

Shipmate is not produced by NCL. There are shipmate apps for many cruise companies and they give useful info for planning your trip (deck plans etc). It is of no use at all on the ship.

Iconcierge is made by NCL and currently only works on the Epic. I'm not sure whether there has been any notification about the Breakaway although it would be odd if they didn't make it available on the new ships.

It allows you to do things like book things, check your account, and communicate with others over the ships wifi. It has probably changed since I used it a year ago, but if it does give you any sort of Internet access then it will be expensive.

The app I downloaded is Shipmate, and I specifically got the NCL version of it. It is very good for deck plans, photos, and all you need to plan with. I guess the one that allows you to do WiFi is the other one you mentioned. I was not sure, as the posts have been confusing a little since the iconcierge is so new and I certainly didn't understand it myself.

I apologize if I misspoke, I only wanted to say how I liked the Shipmate for NCL (that version) I know it is not made by NCL, but you have options to get it for any cruiseline when you download it.

Thanks for those who have answered about the apps mentioned.

oh, forgot...it shows for Breakaway, which is the ship I will be on.

I know all these apps are confusing. I do like shipmate with all the info and deckplans. I just downloaded the other one today. Looks like we'll just have a countdown until we get on the ship...and they have it down to the seconds!!

Sorry if this is a repeat. I was away for a minute and there has been A LOT of postings since then.

Have we decided or came to some consensus whether or not the M6s are covered or uncovered? Thinking about switching cabins, again *sigh*. Really wanted those cabins but unsure about privacy. I figured I'll be okay with possible noise from the theater. We are party animals anyways.:D:p

Also for those that haven't made final payment yet there is a great deal going on which includes champagne, strawberries along with free specialty restaurant dinner or two:eek:. Could be more...spa credit and obc for suite reservations.

http://www.ncl.com/promo/cruise-event

So, interesting factoid about this thread...we are currently the largest thread (in terms of number of replies) in the entire NCL forum. The only one with more replies is the stickied "NCL Mastercard" thread, and we're only less than 200 replies below that! And FYI you'd be very hard pressed to find any larger thread in the entirety of the CC forums (I looked around in other cruise line forums, and there are only a couple). :D

Sorry if this is a repeat. I was away for a minute and there has been A LOT of postings since then.

Have we decided or came to some consensus whether or not the M6s are covered or uncovered? Thinking about switching cabins, again *sigh*. Really wanted those cabins but unsure about privacy. I figured I'll be okay with possible noise from the theater. We are party animals anyways.:D:p

Also for those that haven't made final payment yet there is a great deal going on which includes champagne, strawberries along with free specialty restaurant dinner or two:eek:. Could be more...spa credit and obc for suite reservations.

http://www.ncl.com/promo/cruise-event

So as originally posted by FreestyleNovice, we have this very up-to-date image which finally shows the almost-finished configuration of the M6 balconies:

ejx9hy.jpg

And as you can see, while they are not covered, they are in fact more private than the original computer renderings would indicate (the original renderings showed pure glass dividers, whereas now we have solid white dividers). I don't think there was ever any debate as to whether they would be covered, per say, as if you can imagine if they were they would feel like a rather uncomfortable shoe box, thus defeating the purpose of them (large areas where one can actually get some sun on the balcony). There is however a small area that is covered, and that is around the doorway area where the balcony above overhangs (in this case the B6 large balcony stateroom). Given that it is a "large balcony" that is above, it actually provides a larger covering than any other balcony would, while at the same time providing a huge balcony space with lots of nice sun exposure :cool:. And if you can't tell, I'm looking forward to mine :D.

So as originally posted by FreestyleNovice, we have this very up-to-date image which finally shows the almost-finished configuration of the M6 balconies:

ejx9hy.jpg

And as you can see, while they are not covered, they are in fact more private than the original computer renderings would indicate (the original renderings showed pure glass dividers, whereas now we have solid white dividers). I don't think there was ever any debate as to whether they would be covered, per say, as if you can imagine if they were they would feel like a rather uncomfortable shoe box, thus defeating the purpose of them (large areas where one can actually get some sun on the balcony). There is however a small area that is covered, and that is around the doorway area where the balcony above overhangs (in this case the B6 large balcony stateroom). Given that it is a "large balcony" that is above, it actually provides a larger covering than any other balcony would, while at the same time providing a huge balcony space with lots of nice sun exposure :cool:. And if you can't tell, I'm looking forward to mine :D.

Thank you for the information! I think i may have to switch:eek::p. I'm loving the vicinity to all the "action". This is where i originally wanted to go in the first place. Prices are looking pretty good for the M6s for the Getaway. The extra room in the bathroom and the fact that i can walk down the way to all the bars is such a perk. Would love to see pics of your room when you get back.

Thanks again!

Krystal:)

So, interesting factoid about this thread...we are currently the largest thread (in terms of number of replies) in the entire NCL forum. The only one with more replies is the stickied "NCL Mastercard" thread, and we're only less than 200 replies below that! And FYI you'd be very hard pressed to find any larger thread in the entirety of the CC forums (I looked around in other cruise line forums, and there are only a couple). :D

I can tell you we had a roll call one time with 46,000+ replies ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

philamike---cant wait to start hearing about your on board experiences --cruising in october and hopefully by than all of you will have the kinks worked out for us ---LOL---

also ShipMate App IS NOT UPDATED as of a few minutes ago---still showing "more to come" on its deck plans -when emailed them about this they where asking me if i had any updated info---thought that was wierd...

saw a great video on you tube from aprox 1 week ago on her at sea trials..WOW she looks great..cant wait to try the ropes course and walking the plank...

philamike---cant wait to start hearing about your on board experiences --cruising in october and hopefully by than all of you will have the kinks worked out for us ---LOL---

also ShipMate App IS NOT UPDATED as of a few minutes ago---still showing "more to come" on its deck plans -when emailed them about this they where asking me if i had any updated info---thought that was wierd...

saw a great video on you tube from aprox 1 week ago on her at sea trials..WOW she looks great..cant wait to try the ropes course and walking the plank...

FYI, I figured this out last night, in order to get the deck plans to update you'll have to uninstall the app and then reinstall in via the Play store. Those deck plans aren't updated as part of a traditional app update, rather they are pulled into app via the internet, and the only way I could get that to happen (w/updated maps) is through an uninstall/reinstall. :cool:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I'm trying to book an excursion for our May 26 cruise.

On NCL site it says that 42 excursions are available to book today but it doesn't allow me to book any of them.

Is there something with the site or I just need more coffee??:D

On NCL site it says that 42 excursions are available to book today but it doesn't allow me to book any of them.

I believe you can only book 45 days prior to your cruise......or is that for restaurants, etc.?

Harriet

On the 28th of april 2013 we will be one of the first consumers to sail the Norwegian Breakaway. Although it's only for one night we're looking forward to the experience of being the first one on a brand new ship.

First of all I want excuse myself when it comes to mistakes in writing this down in English. I'm from Holland, so it isn't my first language.

We will use this thread to keep you updated on the build of the Norwegian Breakaway. During our cruise we'll be updating live, so if you would like to see a picture of the pool area, post it here, we will be answering them all.

Cruise:

28/4 Rotterdam

29/4 Southampton

If you have specific questions, like eating at Ocean Blu, or pictures of the Owners suite, you can sponsor us ;)

I will start with an overview of the facilities onboard the ship.

4eb114fd.jpg

You must be getting excited. Thanks for starting this thread it has kept me entertained for months :)

May be the site. I have excursions booked for our June 16 cruise. I booked them in early to mid February, so we were a good 4 months out. I would give it another try after your caffeine fix and some time for NCL to fix whatever hiccup it may be experiencing. :)

Good luck!

Archived