Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Although Shaun can't answer, I did also get confirmation of the configuration from a trusted NCL source. No floor plan...although she did confirm to me that the S6 would be very similar to this:

spirit_modal_fp_own_st_aa.jpg

Its kinda similar.

I didn't want to hijack this thread so I answered a few questions and are happy to answer more under the "S3 floor plan" thread

This place looks like a great time! Does anyone know hours of operation for bars, lounges, night clubs? I'm wondering because this is our first cruise with kids. We want to enjoy some nightlife but still get the kids out of the kids club by 10:30 so as not to have to pay the extra charge and also get them to bed at a decent hour. So I'm more concerned with opening time.

Thanks!

A lot of places serve drinks early. I don't think you will have a problem with that.

Hi LouB and Onegirl:)

Wow!! Small world. We could have a mini-reunion. Either of you on the June 9th sailing?

LouB, one of us would have been a freshman when the other one was a senior, so it would have been like a different universe!!

Both my kids are alumni also.

May 26th sailing

Fellow Breakawayers, (Breakawayians??)

Anyone sailing previous to June 9th in a M6 cabin?

Since the balcony is so large, I am very curious about the furniture out there....chairs or loungers?

If there's only chairs, I'm considering bringing my own folding lounger , or trying to see if the steward can scare one up.

My MIL is on May 26th sailing. She told me my FIL is purchasing the soda club (not sure what its called) for $45. Is this true? Or is she actually looking at the unlimited Beverage package for $49?

http://ncllatspring2013.stormfrogdev.com/Spring2013/NewsFlash/WhatsNewOnBoard/tabid/99/Default.aspx

She was also talking about the ice bar. How much is that?

TIA!

My MIL is on May 26th sailing. She told me my FIL is purchasing the soda club (not sure what its called) for $45. Is this true? Or is she actually looking at the unlimited Beverage package for $49?

http://ncllatspring2013.stormfrogdev.com/Spring2013/NewsFlash/WhatsNewOnBoard/tabid/99/Default.aspx

She was also talking about the ice bar. How much is that?

TIA!

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

So for a 7 day cruise, $45 would be correct

Ultimate Beverage Package on all ships

$ 49.00 PP/ Per day plus surcharges.

The Ice Bar is $20pp which includes 2 drinks

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

So for a 7 day cruise, $45 would be correct

$6.25/day

Ultimate Beverage Package on all ships

$ 49.00 PP/ Per day plus surcharges.

Great! Thanks!

Can you post it? You have to register and pay for the site. :)

I'm being asked to become a member and pay "2 cents a day" :(

Over the next 2 to 3 weeks, there are probably going to tons of pictures, videos, and all the info anyone could possibly want about every inch of the Breakaway. The first passengers board in less than a week. There are many photographers (amateur and pro) who will be boarding in Rotterdam, Southampton, and then NYC. There will be cabin crawls and travel partner tours. My guess is we'll be able to see almost everything we possibly could want to see very soon! I can't wait! :D

We'll also be on the first revenue cruise. Staying at the SS Rotterdam hotel the night before to get into the mood. From there it's just a short water taxi ride to the cruise terminal.

Any idea when boarding will start? I want to get on board as early as possible, especilally as we only stay for one night.

Going to try the single studios. :-)

You said was I was thinking

I understand the frustration towards me as I would be equally frustrated if the roles were reversed. I am usually the first person to share any info I get and it is killing me to not share this info. The last thing I want to be is a ship tease :)

I was originally told that if people called Ncl they would be able to get a copy. That was the only reason I said anything. He was incredibly nice and really went above and beyond to get it for me and it would be horrible of me to get someone in trouble for doing something nice for a customer( it shows how amazing the staff at NCL can be). I mentioned to him that people have called and are unable to get it. He told me his supervisors have deemed it "in house material".

"Borrowed" this snapshot from the following video some of you may find of interest though nothing really new aside from the water front view perhaps and one can see water running through the "tubes."

1p8h14.jpg

Video:

:)

Great video . Thanks for sharing. I wonder what they are doing on top of the bridge, it looks like they are installing railings. Would be a great viewing area but I doubt it will make the DOS and OS people too happy.

Cant wait for the first sailing so I can see some pictures,we are sailing in september,first time on norweigian for us.I have heard so many mixed reveiws on norweigian so thought I would give it a try and find out for myself.I have never booked a show before boarding ship before,so is this something that I should do?And with the dining is the whole ship anytime dining?I usually do the early dining,do you make reservations on ship or just show up,as you can see I have never done anytime dining before.:)

Cant wait for the first sailing so I can see some pictures,we are sailing in september,first time on norweigian for us.I have heard so many mixed reveiws on norweigian so thought I would give it a try and find out for myself.I have never booked a show before boarding ship before,so is this something that I should do?And with the dining is the whole ship anytime dining?I usually do the early dining,do you make reservations on ship or just show up,as you can see I have never done anytime dining before.:)

The Breakaway (like the Epic) is different from typical cruises in that the entertainment is not "standard", with early and late performances of the same show that changes night by night. The main shows (Cirque, Rock of Ages, Burn the Floor, etc) are available on limited nights throughout the week, and should be pre reserved . For example, Rock of Ages is only shown the first three nights, so if you waited until you are on the ship, you might miss it.. The shows tend to book up pretty early as they are so limited (Cirque on the Epic tended to sell out pre-cruise). Other entertainment on board ( dueling pianos, jazz club, etc) don't take or require a reservation.

For dining, the whole ship is basically "anytime dining". Some specialty restaurants book up earlier than others, but basically they only do about 30% of reservations before you board. So, if you are dead set on eating at Ocean Blue on Thursday night at 7pm, you should probably make a reservation before or shortly after you board, otherwise you can usually get something reserved the day before or even day-of.

Hope this helps!

Robin

Just to add a bit about what fishbait said...you can't book the dinners and shows until 45 days from your cruise unless you are in a suite then it is 55 days.

Fellow Breakawayers, (Breakawayians??)

Anyone sailing previous to June 9th in a M6 cabin?

Since the balcony is so large, I am very curious about the furniture out there....chairs or loungers?

If there's only chairs, I'm considering bringing my own folding lounger , or trying to see if the steward can scare one up.

I'm sailing on the 26th in a M6. I was thinking of asking the cabin steward to bring a lounger if none were there.I'll let you know.

"Borrowed" this snapshot from the following video some of you may find of interest though nothing really new aside from the water front view perhaps and one can see water running through the "tubes."

1p8h14.jpg

Video:

:)

That video showed how close the M6 balconies are to the water line,I have to bring my pocket fishing pole and get some shrimp cocktail for bait.:D I will sleep like a baby listening to the water at night.

I understand the frustration towards me as I would be equally frustrated if the roles were reversed. I am usually the first person to share any info I get and it is killing me to not share this info. The last thing I want to be is a ship tease :)

I was originally told that if people called Ncl they would be able to get a copy. That was the only reason I said anything. He was incredibly nice and really went above and beyond to get it for me and it would be horrible of me to get someone in trouble for doing something nice for a customer( it shows how amazing the staff at NCL can be). I mentioned to him that people have called and are unable to get it. He told me his supervisors have deemed it "in house material".

Shaun thank you what you have shared Without breaking confidence I now feel great about my S6 and don't have to see it to now understand it. Sounds like it will be awesome

Archived