Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Can someone please take screenshots of the event and post them here?, I am busy at work and can't watch it.

Thank you :)

I'm not sure I know how, but I'll try for you.

My son in law told me how, next is figuring out how to post them.

Cardinal Dolan just introduced.

(prayer breaking up) no pun

For those who don't know Cardinal Dolan he is head of the New York Diocese and was talked about when we looked for our Pope earlier this year. It is huge that he came onboard this ship!!

So... Are they going to have to remove two of the lifeboats every time the ship is in NY or is it only temporary until a modification is done to the terminal/gangway?

Yes. By May 7. We are on target.

THOMAS SPINA | VICE PRESIDENT OF CRUISE OPERATIONS

New York City Economic Development Corporation

110 William Street • New York, NY 10038 • www.nycedc.com<http://www.nycedc.com> TSpina@nycedc.com<mailto:TSpina@nycedc.com> • w. 212.312.4286 • c. 347.672.4573

On Mar 6, 2013, at 2:11 PM, "Mike Twohig" <mtwohig49@verizon.net<mailto:mtwohig49@verizon.net>> wrote:

Mr. Spina,

The Passenger Boarding Bridges (below) : Are they in place?

Will they be in place by May 7th?

New HYDRA Passenger Boarding Bridges (PBBs) at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal in New York.

The gangways will provide seamless access for cruise guests from cruise terminal building to Norwegian Cruise Line'’s new Norwegian Breakaway. The NCL Breakaway will start sailing year-round from New York as of May 12, 2013.

With these PBBs the Manhattan Cruise Terminal is equipped to fully service the embarkation and disembarkation of cruise guests to any new generation mega cruise ship with overhanging life boats.

Before I say bye-bye for heading to Alaska:

My blog for the part on NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY is ready... (1 Nighter from Rotterdam to Southampton)

http://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com/2013/04/tagday-01-auf-deron-norwegian-breakaway.html

in Papenburg, Germany (Meyer-Shipyard)

2012-Shipspotting-Papenburg-NCL-BREAKAWAY-06.jpg

after leaving the dry-dock

2013-NCL-BREAKAWAY-00139.jpg

in Bremerhaven, Germany

2013-NCL-BREAKAWAY-00321.jpg

in Rotterdam, The Netherlands

2013-NCL-BREAKAWAY-10219.jpg

Welcome-Gifts for the guests but not from NCL but from a crew-member

2013-NCL-BREAKAWAY-10822.jpg

And the S4-Suite in The Haven: unfortunatly a lot of money for a big disappointment

2013-NCL-BREAKAWAY-10719.jpg

The ship is beautiful, but I am sorry to say: it will NOT be MY ship. I know that many of you are exited and happy, so who does not like to read something which was not so good: just do not read it.

Have fun when you read it.

There is one more day to follow... when I have the time to write...

Greetings

HeinBloed

For those who don't know Cardinal Dolan he is head of the New York Diocese and was talked about when we looked for our Pope earlier this year. It is huge that he came onboard this ship!!

For Catholics at any rate... ;)

Tom

The ship is beautiful, but I am sorry to say: it will NOT be MY ship. I know that many of you are exited and happy, so who does not like to read something which was not so good: just do not read it.

Have fun when you read it.

There is one more day to follow... when I have the time to write...

Greetings

HeinBloed

The tub looks really small! You would have thought they would have put in a larger tub.

But on another note the rest of the ship looks great!

Yes. By May 7. We are on target.

THOMAS SPINA | VICE PRESIDENT OF CRUISE OPERATIONS

New York City Economic Development Corporation

110 William Street • New York, NY 10038 • www.nycedc.com<http://www.nycedc.com> TSpina@nycedc.com<mailto:TSpina@nycedc.com> • w. 212.312.4286 • c. 347.672.4573

On Mar 6, 2013, at 2:11 PM, "Mike Twohig" <mtwohig49@verizon.net<mailto:mtwohig49@verizon.net>> wrote:

Mr. Spina,

The Passenger Boarding Bridges (below) : Are they in place?

Will they be in place by May 7th?

New HYDRA Passenger Boarding Bridges (PBBs) at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal in New York.

The gangways will provide seamless access for cruise guests from cruise terminal building to Norwegian Cruise Line'’s new Norwegian Breakaway. The NCL Breakaway will start sailing year-round from New York as of May 12, 2013.

With these PBBs the Manhattan Cruise Terminal is equipped to fully service the embarkation and disembarkation of cruise guests to any new generation mega cruise ship with overhanging life boats.

Thanks for the info!

Archived