Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

:D it's a good morning to see the Breakaway docked and not tendering! I am happy and amazed Bermuda had the dock ready in time!

I wonder how the island will handle so many guests at once, hopefully everyone is ready for it.

Thanks for the update. Happy to see the starboard side is next to the pier. We are all booked port side overlooking the bay. Nit that it really matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

So you ALL are confirming that deck 12 s6 is bigger than deck 13 right?

I've spent almost all afternoon arguing with my PCC because he insisted that the deck on 13 is bigger than 12.

I think I finally got the one on 12.

Here's a pic of the B1's for comparison, just to give you an idea of the depth of decks 9, 10, 12 and 13. We haven't seen any aft pictures of Deck 11 yet:

Deck 12:

8692275347_9eb63c85d5_b.jpg

8719228398_971f62618d_b.jpg

8692271079_027bde5140_b.jpg

Deck 10:

9kxpxk.jpg

Deck 13:

attachment.php?attachmentid=269482&d=1367145354

3.1367600676.aft-facing-balcony.jpg

:confused: which night is the Glow party? Am I correct that the 80s party is Friday night with the fireworks? This is getting complicated but oh so worth the effort :)

While we are at it - Teen club question - does it only run at certain times/days - is the 1st meet up Sunday at 8pm for the teens?

Here's a front page from Entourage that was handed out during the TA:

20130427-154331.jpg

They will eventually, I guess they are waiting for the firsts guests to exit the ship.

Oh great, so they disembark from the area that the webcam is pointing to! There is such a flurry of activity I thought guests were getting off somewhere else! :D

Brings tears to my eyes...

This is so off topic that I fear y'all might kick me off the thread. But, I have not come across more knowledgable cruisers than you guys. We are in a bit of a predicament. My sister an DH are coming from South Africa to celebrate my daughter's wedding on the BA. They have their passports and US visas but until recently, it was not necessary for SA citizens to obtain a visa for the UK. They have changed the rules and now a visa is a requirement. Needless to say, there is not enough time to get the visa. They fly here next week. What would be the best route to follow:

1. Contact the consulate UK, in Philly where I work.

2. Try and work with NCL

3. Just go to the pier and promise to stay on the ship while in Bermuda

Any idea where I can find assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

thanks! I used a TA for both of my Breakaway sailings and she's had no luck thusfar. We'll keep trying :) THANKS!!!

Thanks to all of you for posting the link for the HSN Brchure/$100 OBC offer. I filled out the form, received the package about a week later, and then called my Travel Agent with the "client ID number" in the letter. He called me back 5 minutes later to say the credit was posted, my original $100 OBC was still there, my booking date stayed the same, etc.

They did change my Latitudes number to the number on the HSN paper, but all of my cruise history moved right over to that new number so....I can live with that! ;0)

This is so off topic that I fear y'all might kick me off the thread. But, I have not come across more knowledgable cruisers than you guys. We are in a bit of a predicament. My sister an DH are coming from South Africa to celebrate my daughter's wedding on the BA. They have their passports and US visas but until recently, it was not necessary for SA citizens to obtain a visa for the UK. They have changed the rules and now a visa is a requirement. Needless to say, there is not enough time to get the visa. They fly here next week. What would be the best route to follow:

1. Contact the consulate UK, in Philly where I work.

2. Try and work with NCL

3. Just go to the pier and promise to stay on the ship while in Bermuda

Any idea where I can find assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Numbers 2 and 3 won't work. If Bermuda is requiring a visa - working with NCL won't work. They cannot allow them on the ship without the proper paperwork to disembark in Bermuda. I would get them to send you a copy of their passports (for info purposes) and contact the consulate in Philly to see if there is anything they can do to help both before they arrive next week and after......I'd also ask this question in a separate thread so you can get better opinions than mine.

I was just looking at that, I don't think it will get much warmer in one week :(

Well all I know is we're most certainly not going to be packed for cool weather. We simply refuse to do so for a cruise, unless it's Alaska! I am fully counting on at least one warm beach day for sun & snorkeling, and that's why I picked Bermuda. I mean who goes to Bermuda without going to the beach? That's like going to Six Flags but not riding the rides ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

So glad to see her docked this morning.

I have a silly question - we're 6,000+ posts into this thread. Did the OP ever do a live blog? LOL

The thread got hijacked around page 1 or so and never looked back.

Loungerz holds Gambee responsible and now sits at home sticking pins in a Gumby doll :D

Actually Loungerz still contributes its just hard to get a word in :eek:

So glad to see her docked this morning.

I have a silly question - we're 6,000+ posts into this thread. Did the OP ever do a live blog? LOL

He reported problems with his phone just prior the cruise.

The thread got hijacked around page 1 or so and never looked back.

Loungerz holds Gambee responsible and now sits at home sticking pins in a Gumby doll :D

Actually Loungerz still contributes its just hard to get a word in :eek:

Yeah in reality it wasn't so much that it was hijacked, but that the OP probably should never have given this thread a combined name of "Everything Breakaway" and "Live Blog". ;)

On a separate note, did anyone ever report in or otherwise confirm whether or not a bridge viewing area exists on Breakaway? I'm assuming not but just figured I'd bring it up again out of curiosity.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Archived