Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Yeah in reality it wasn't so much that it was hijacked, but that the OP probably should never have given this thread a combined name of "Everything Breakaway" and "Live Blog". ;)

On a separate note, did anyone ever report in or otherwise confirm whether or not a bridge viewing area exists on Breakaway? I'm assuming not but just figured I'd bring it up again out of curiosity.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Someone in the TA reported that they did not have it on this ship.

I will if I can the info. lol. I think it is one category outside of suites that have the tub, so it should be a simple task.

Post info pics over here; http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38373160&posted=1#post38373160

TIA

Well, the MA minisuites definitely have no bathtub, NCL emailed to tell me so a couple of weeks ago.

Those are all wonderful pictures of the Breakaway at Bermuda! Thank you all for bringing the ship that much closer. What in the world will we do after our trips are done and the reviews and pictures are all uploaded and complete?

Plan another trip! :D

Thanks for the update. Happy to see the starboard side is next to the pier. We are all booked port side overlooking the bay. Nit that it really matters.

The ship will alternate the sides it docks on so the lifeboats can be tested.

Also. LOVE the I concierge service. Had to rebook cancelled Rock of Ages last night. Did it in a second. While there was a twenty minute line! Also phone calls to the us from the ship through the app are only 79 cents per minute. Wonderful

Also. LOVE the I concierge service. Had to rebook cancelled Rock of Ages last night. Did it in a second. While there was a twenty minute line! Also phone calls to the us from the ship through the app are only 79 cents per minute. Wonderful

Thanks, I was wondering about the app. Have an awesome time!

Now that is excellent news.. Thanks!

Robin

GREAT! Thanks for the info! Have a great time!

The comments on the bottom of the article are pretty funny. For those that don't know it. It is customary to greet the local businesses (bus drivers, ferry personel, business owners with a "Hello" or "Good Morning".:) The locals think it's very rude if you don't do so and will actually ignore you if you don't.:mad: In the same tone, these locals are very friendly and very helpful.:D

Also of note for some of us are the comments by Bermudans bemoaning the apparent police custom of bringing dogs on board to find weed, then hauling the owners into court and fining them $1,000. I find it hard to believe. Then again, only upon reading this did it occur to me that bringing weed onboard was an option, so I'm apparently something of a naif, don't go by me.

Hi,

Can you please comment who is currently live from Breakaway:

Should I be aware of any additional noise on DECK12 due to proximity to the kids splash academy?

Thank you!

Hi,

Can you please comment who is currently live from Breakaway:

Should I be aware of any additional noise on DECK12 due to proximity to the kids splash academy?

Thank you!

While I am not onboard, deck 12 portion of splash academy is the younger kids, while deck 13 is the 10-12 age range. Therefore, there is probably less noise on deck12, but depending on if you are under part of the deck 13 portion, you may get some noise from above. Not sure how many kids are on this particular sailing as many schools in the US are still in session. I guess I will find out when we sail how the noise is on deck 13, as that is where we are (and near splash academy)

While I am not onboard, deck 12 portion of splash academy is the younger kids, while deck 13 is the 10-12 age range. Therefore, there is probably less noise on deck12, but depending on if you are under part of the deck 13 portion, you may get some noise from above. Not sure how many kids are on this particular sailing as many schools in the US are still in session. I guess I will find out when we sail how the noise is on deck 13, as that is where we are (and near splash academy)

I am not sure what mean by being "under" because 12 and 13 are identical and you can only be under another cabin. I am particularly worried not as much from the academy itself but from running around in the hallways. I am looking at 09Jun and there probably be lots of kids.

The ship will alternate the sides it docks on so the lifeboats can be tested.

But that isn't every time though, as Allure/Oasis does this at Port Everglades sometimes, but only docks the opposite side every once in a while, only when those boats need testing.

video of Breakaway taking on the pilot in Bermuda

Thanks for sharing. Interesting to see how it looks from their angle. They make it look so easy. Wonder if he will still wave on the way out :rolleyes:.

Archived