best way to hang door decorations

We used colored duct tape on our 5 day Fascination cruise this year, and there was no residue.

7200757848_1cf4f7f11f_c.jpg

We tried the sticki-tac stuff and it didn't seem to want to stick...

We do know that the Doors of the Empress-level doors on the Dream are magnetic though if you wish to do it that way... though I've heard conflicting reports on the magnetism of various doors on the same ship... so no matter what you read on here make sure you have a backup plan!

The wall/ door clings that i was referring to are not the jello looking ones. "Moveable decorations" are made by a major greeting card company & are sold at Wally W. Party goods stores also have something similar to what the greeting card company produces. I used them on our last cruise - easy peasy, no mess, no tape or magnet required.

For our upcoming cruise I bought a plastic background sheet, looks like a tropical island w/ ocean. I will add my moveable decoration to that for an easy & fun door identifier.

best way to hang door decorations .........

At home on your refrigerator.

But then we would all have to come to your house to see what they looked like. To bad you like to be a PITA for some reason. Door decorations are unique and a cruising tradition on many lines.

But then we would all have to come to your house to see what they looked like. To bad you like to be a PITA for some reason. Door decorations are unique and a cruising tradition on many lines.

Personally I find it extremely tacky. Don't like? Don't ask. It really is that simple.

BTW it's "too" bad.

No charge...

Personally I find it extremely tacky. Don't like? Don't ask. It really is that simple.

BTW it's "too" bad.

No charge...

Well........it's really 2 bad that you feel you have to embarrass a fellow CC poster for a spelling or grammatical mistake. We all do it every now and again and it's definetly frowned upon by the CC hosts on this site.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1653571&highlight=spelling

In addition, "tacky" is in the eye of the beholder. It can be fun and a nice way to meet fellow cruisers. If it's not your cup-of-tea then don't decorate your door but please refrain from being down right mean to fellow cruisers that are on this board to gather and share cruise information.

:)

Suction cup with hook!!!!!!!

I

What is the best thing to use to hang all these items? I thought about masking tape but it only comes in an icky manila color which means I would have to hide it behind by looping it (which may have the items drooping off the door).

What do you use to hang your decorations?

Help is appreciated,

Hi all, we will be cruising on freedom for the first time in 13 days.

I have decorations for the door all ready to go. I have plastic to cover door and fish netting and fish, paper bubbles and some personal pictures mounted on some bristle board.

I am not sure if the doors on freedom are wood or metal.

What is the best thing to use to hang all these items? I thought about masking tape but it only comes in an icky manila color which means I would have to hide it behind by looping it (which may have the items drooping off the door).

What do you use to hang your decorations?

Help is appreciated,

I'll loan you my nail gun:D

I've always used precut scotch strips. Never once harmed the door in the 4 cruises I've done. I love decorating the door. Last cruise our door was seen by lots of crew members. Every time we got room service we would catch them checking it out. Also helps room stewards recognize us by name.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Archived