Booking Excursions Online

*CruiseFan*

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already!

I just had a quick question.

My boyfriend and I are looking at booking an excursion for Ochos Rios online before we go to ensure we get a spot on the excursion. It's the party boat/Dunn's River Falls that leaves at 8:15 and gets back at 11:45. What we want to know beforehand is if we can exchange the excursion if we decide something else better suits us. I know that for cancellations Carnival charges you a 25% cancellation fee, but what is their policy on exchanging? If we were to exchange for a cheaper excursion would we be credited the difference? Can you even exchange the excursions?

Also, has anyone done this excursion? If so was it fun? We wanted to do one that was just a drive up there and then you did the falls, laid on the beach and came back (it lasted 2.5 hours) but on the Carnival site it said the one we could book didn't start until 10:30 and ends at 1 and that doesn't work for us because we want to have time to do the falls and head over to Margaritaville for lunch and a little partying before going back to the ship (which leaves at 3:30 so we're going to have to leave Margaritaville at around 2:15ish - we had a great time there in Montego Bay so we want to make sure to check it out in Ochos Rios!)

Thanks in advance!

I did this to change a time for an excursion on the Spirit back in April, and here is how it worked:

I made my original booking, then decided I wanted morning instead of afternoon. I went on the Carnival website to my booking and cancelled the first excursion, then signed up for the other one. It showed up on my account as a credit (full price) for the cancelled trip and a charge for the later one so no harm, no foul.

Mind you, I did this several weeks before the cruise so I do not know if there is a time limit for getting a full vredit or not. Hope this helps!

Thanks! We booked this evening for a 2.5 hour one that leaves at 8:30 and gets back at 11 so we're set and happy :)

Thanks for taking the time to answer, you did help because we still have a couple of weeks to go so if we change our minds that's great advice!

You have up til 24 hours to cancel or exchange a excursion without a charge. If you want to exchange your tour the morning of--you will be charged the 25% fee

On Carnival's home page, click on "Excursions." Once there, on the right hand side, you should see a link to Frequently Asked Questions. I found out there about canceling excursions. Plenty more info. as well.

Debbie

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already!

I just had a quick question.

My boyfriend and I are looking at booking an excursion for Ochos Rios online before we go to ensure we get a spot on the excursion. It's the party boat/Dunn's River Falls that leaves at 8:15 and gets back at 11:45. What we want to know beforehand is if we can exchange the excursion if we decide something else better suits us. I know that for cancellations Carnival charges you a 25% cancellation fee, but what is their policy on exchanging? If we were to exchange for a cheaper excursion would we be credited the difference? Can you even exchange the excursions?

Also, has anyone done this excursion? If so was it fun? We wanted to do one that was just a drive up there and then you did the falls, laid on the beach and came back (it lasted 2.5 hours) but on the Carnival site it said the one we could book didn't start until 10:30 and ends at 1 and that doesn't work for us because we want to have time to do the falls and head over to Margaritaville for lunch and a little partying before going back to the ship (which leaves at 3:30 so we're going to have to leave Margaritaville at around 2:15ish - we had a great time there in Montego Bay so we want to make sure to check it out in Ochos Rios!)

Thanks in advance!

I saw that you went to Margaritaville in Mobay. Just wondering how it was. Is there a beach there? We have booked the canopy tour on line and plan to gop to Margaritaville for lunch afterwards. We will have teens with us. Will they have stuff to do there? Thanks for the info. SOrry to hi-jack your thread :)

djkiser - thanks! I had read that but it didn't answer the specific question that I had. I figured it out though! Thank you :)

I saw that you went to Margaritaville in Mobay. Just wondering how it was. Is there a beach there? We have booked the canopy tour on line and plan to gop to Margaritaville for lunch afterwards. We will have teens with us. Will they have stuff to do there? Thanks for the info. SOrry to hi-jack your thread :)

SO. MUCH. FUN.

No, no beach but there is a huge slide that goes straight into the ocean. If you have young children you're going to probably want to put them in a life jacket. The area is roped off but still, it's the ocean. You can swim out (after you go down the slide) to this big dual trampoline thingy with a big tube down the middle holding them together. Everyone tries to run across (I was like, 2 inches from making it when I fell!) from one trampoline to the next!

It's pretty neat but it gets pretty crazy. They had a guy breathing fire and doing the limbo for entertainment, so it was pretty neat and the food was pretty good (we opted for a Cheeseburger in Paradise).

Make sure you get a cab in plenty of time. Also, make sure that it is the right kind. They have the warnings posted all over the restaurant and the staff was really friendly. I would leave at least an hour before you're supposed to be back on the ship. It's not a long drive but you have to walk back onto the ship and the roads in Jamaica weren't exactly good when we went - a lot of road and building work was going on in Montego Bay :)

You can read more about it and look at pictures: http://www.margaritavillcaribbean.com

Archived