White Hot to stay white in October

WaldosPepper

There were numerous folks on several threads discussing the practice of turning the White Hot Party Pink during the month of October, but no one seemed to know for sure whether this would take place again this year. I decided it would be best to get the information direct from the horse's mouth, and sent an email to the Public Relations Department. I received this reply today:

"Good afternoon Barbara,

The White Hot Party is going to stay white-themed this October. We are evaluating other ways to raise awareness for Breast Cancer Awareness month onboard.

All the best,

The Public Relations Team

Norwegian Cruise Line ®

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

Freestyle Cruising ®"

I applaud this decision, because as someone who has lost one sister to bc, and has two more sisters who are both survivors of bc, I believe that awareness is extremely important, but don't necessarily feel as though a party is the right venue for such awareness. Kudos to NCL for researching other options to best raise awareness.

I am also happy that I will be able to thoroughly enjoy this party (dressed in a seriously awesome white outfit) without reminders of my loss at every turn.

Hope this information is helpful to everyone else who will be on a sailing during the month of October. ;)

I applaud this decision, because as someone who has lost one sister to bc, and has two more sisters who are both survivors of bc, I believe that awareness is extremely important, but don't necessarily feel as though a party is the right venue for such awareness. Kudos to NCL for researching other options to best raise awareness.

I am also happy that I will be able to thoroughly enjoy this party (dressed in a seriously awesome white outfit) without reminders of my loss at every turn.

Very well put.

Sadly there will be some that get upset over the decision. NCL is doing the right thing, even if they do not find the "appropriate" alternative.

I hope you replied to NCL with your feelings.

Very well put.

Sadly there will be some that get upset over the decision. NCL is doing the right thing, even if they do not find the "appropriate" alternative.

I hope you replied to NCL with your feelings.

Indeed I have. ;)

I am sure that there will be some who may not agree with our feelings on this issue. ;)

Archived