Quiet Nassau beach

skridge

I am going to be in Nassau on September 12th. I want to go to Love beach but am worried about geting onto the beach. I also have looked at Caves beach as an option. We are not worried about lack of facilites. Just want to spend a few hours on a quiet beach. Does anyone have any advice. Maybe another beach that might fit the bill. Thanks:D

I am going to be in Nassau on September 12th. I want to go to Love beach but am worried about geting onto the beach. I also have looked at Caves beach as an option. We are not worried about lack of facilites. Just want to spend a few hours on a quiet beach. Does anyone have any advice. Maybe another beach that might fit the bill. Thanks:D

personally, I don't recommend a private beach, especially during hurricane season.

There are 2 issues with using beaches that are off the beaten path.. one is the fact that we have rip tides and sink holes that can't be detected until you're in trouble (no lifeguards or anyone nearby to hellp), the other is that we have thugs that tend to rob people who can not be seen from the roadway..

I no longer can recommend going outside the tourist areas.

Cave Beach is very rocky (coral).. and right on the main road. Love Beach is hidden behind the trees away from the road. It can also be filled with debris from partying the nite before, so not so pristine as you'd like

You may have to walk back to Compass point to grab a cab back, jitney's don't run that often out that far.

Cabbage Beach may be your best bet if there is not a storm in the air.. just walk east to get away from the crowds.

Beach can be flagged this time of year for being too rough to swim.

personally, I don't recommend a private beach, especially during hurricane season.

There are 2 issues with using beaches that are off the beaten path.. one is the fact that we have rip tides and sink holes that can't be detected until you're in trouble (no lifeguards or anyone nearby to hellp), the other is that we have thugs that tend to rob people who can not be seen from the roadway..

I no longer can recommend going outside the tourist areas.

Cave Beach is very rocky (coral).. and right on the main road. Love Beach is hidden behind the trees away from the road. It can also be filled with debris from partying the nite before, so not so pristine as you'd like

You may have to walk back to Compass point to grab a cab back, jitney's don't run that often out that far.

Cabbage Beach may be your best bet if there is not a storm in the air.. just walk east to get away from the crowds.

Beach can be flagged this time of year for being too rough to swim.

Thanks for the quick response. I will do some research on Cabbage Beach. Maybe more questions to come!!:D

Archived