Celebrity In Cabin Babysitting Hours?

scili

At the time that I went on Celebrity in 2009, in-cabin babysitting was available during day and evening for a 3 hour minimum, if available. However, when I got on board, they decided to discontine the program entirely, and so abruptly that some of the staff had not even been advised that it had happened. There were staff available to sit, but the captain had made a decision to discontinue the program. From what I could gather later, there had been an "unfortunate incident" on another ship in the fleet, and the various ships were making sudden policy shifts without warning regarding the in-cabin babysitting, both on RCI and Celebrity, and the result varied by ship. It was discontinued on many Celebrity ships for a time period, while on RCI they were requiring you get 2 babysitters instead of one. I think that RCI is still requiring the 2 sitters, and I'm not sure what Celebrity is doing at this time.

I tell you this because I just want you to be aware that even if there is staff availability, they reserve the right to discontinue the program at any time for any reason. Hope that it is able to work for you!

Archived