Any one been here recently?

Last time we went to Ocho Rios we had a private tour. Well worth the money as he showed us some of the sites we might not have seen on our own. Also did a fantastic job of keeping the aggressive vendors from harassing us.

We booked through Courtney Taylor.

Barry

With such a short time in port id suggest a ship sponosored tour. Bamboo beach club was fun... tho its a bit early to be drinking at 7am , dunns river is a must do if you have never been

We are doing the same cruise in October and I am interested in what you decide to do. I am leaning towards the Cool Runnings boat (I love catamarans)... however the excursion is only 2.5 hours so we will be done at noon and I would like to enjoy a beach or some lunch but am hesitant on our own.

They have a sale on for $75 per person with transfer included.

Would it be worth it in your opinion with our ship only being in port from 7:30 to 2:30

AND

they will pick us up at 8:30 but we have to leave at 12:30?

(which means food is only open for 1/2hr while we are there and bar for only 1 1/2 hrs while we are there)?

Thanks,

I looked at doing an all inclusive as well and it just doesn't seem worth it with the ship in port for such a short time. My sister and I are going to Dunn's River Falls since we've never been to Jamaica before. Then if feeling comfortable enough, we might do a quick shop around the port. If we aren't comfortable, we'll just get back on the ship.

I looked at doing an all inclusive as well and it just doesn't seem worth it with the ship in port for such a short time. My sister and I are going to Dunn's River Falls since we've never been to Jamaica before. Then if feeling comfortable enough, we might do a quick shop around the port. If we aren't comfortable, we'll just get back on the ship.

A friend of mine and I did this last September. We got a bus ride to and from the falls and then shopped just outside of the port. We still had plenty of time to have a couple of drinks at Margaritaville.

Look up Peat Taylor tours. (Yes, it's spelled correctly, it's PEAT).

He's very well recommended on Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor. We did a tour of Ocho Rios with him back in 1998, still remember it well. Had a great time.

look up knowjamaciadotcom they are truly awesome, her son took us on an awesome private tour....we met the real people of Jamacia and saw things I KNOW we would not have without doing this tour!! He will be happy to take you to the falls if that is what you want to do as well as a trillion other great ideas. GREAT memories!

Our ship is only in ocho rios from 7:30 - 2:30 and I am trying to figure out if it is worth it?

jewel dunns river falls all inclusive resort through jamaica for a day.

Anyone been there recently?

Tried searching ports but no recent reviews.

Thanks,

I think with that short of time, I'd "waste away in Maragritaville." If memory serves this was one with a swim up bar and a couple of slides and a beach right at the pier.

Archived