Mini suite -vs- balcony cabins on the gem

loving2cruise

Hello All,

Does anyone know, besides the little extra square footage of the mini suite vs the balcony cabin......and the bathtub......what other differences are there between the cabins?

I was wondering if the closets were bigger in the mini suite, like on other cruiselines, but was told from a Norweign Representative, that the closet space between the balcony and mini suite are the same. Is that really true?

Has anyone stayed in both type cabins? I would really appreciate any feedback please if you can. Thank you.

We have stayed in both types of cabins for NCL but only a mini suite on the Gem.

The balcony is a bit deeper which we enjoyed, the curtain that pulls over to seperate the bed from the couch area is nice. If I want to keep bedroom section dark, the curtain allowed that. I found there to be alot of closet space and drawers, the most yet.

Bathtub is high, so if a shorter person it can be interesting! We're both tall so it was fine, BUT we have back problems and sometimes trying to lift your leg up when your back is out is impossible. The flat screen tv is good, not many channels but thats most of the cruise lines anyway. We truly enjoyed the bigger balcony and the curtain that seperates.

We also got the cabin for a steal otherwise we would have kept the original balcony cabin and not upgraded ourselves.

Deck 11 was great, one flight up to buffet for cold drinks when needed too. We had 11112 and location was great, no noise whatsoever from above.

Hope this helps you a bit?

Hello All,

Does anyone know, besides the little extra square footage of the mini suite vs the balcony cabin......and the bathtub......what other differences are there between the cabins?

I was wondering if the closets were bigger in the mini suite, like on other cruiselines, but was told from a Norweign Representative, that the closet space between the balcony and mini suite are the same. Is that really true?

Has anyone stayed in both type cabins? I would really appreciate any feedback please if you can. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

we have done both the mini suite and balcony. since there is only the 2 of us, keeping the same hours, really didn't need the extra room or the curtained off area. the larger balcony was nice, but since we have a whole ship of decks to sit on, it really wasn't a must. personally i like the bath to soak and read early in am or late at night. but one can always use the hot tub. for the differnce in price, we have gone back to a balcony. there is no other perk.

Archived