Which Marriott in Fort Lauderale?

LindaAndBillTravel

We need to stay at a Marriott (gotta collect those points) the night before our upcoming cruise. The Renaissance is $22 more than the Courtyard, but the Renaissance appears to be closer to the pier, so I'm wondering if we would save that $22 in cab fare between airport to hotel and hotel to pier if we stayed at the Renaissance? Does one have more restaurant selection close by for dinner?

We loved the location of the Courtyard. Every room has a view of either the Beach or the Intercoastal Waterway. Those on the Intercoastal Waterway (cheaper) also have a view of the cruise ships in port.

It was a $10-15 taxi ride to the port.

There is a fabulous restaurant, Coconuts, on the Intercoastal waterway, right across the street from the hotel entrance.

We have stayed here twice and eaten at coconuts 3 times.

Good luck

We loved the location of the Courtyard. Every room has a view of either the Beach or the Intercoastal Waterway. Those on the Intercoastal Waterway (cheaper) also have a view of the cruise ships in port.

It was a $10-15 taxi ride to the port.

There is a fabulous restaurant, Coconuts, on the Intercoastal waterway, right across the street from the hotel entrance.

We have stayed here twice and eaten at coconuts 3 times.

Good luck

I concur. Coconuts is a great restaurant. The Courtyard is in a great location for sure. I have stayed at the Courtyard multiple times also.

I can't help with the airport Marriott. We have always stayed in the beach area. The only time we would ever stay near the airport, is if we arrived late the night before, for a cruise. But if we have a few hours of daylight, we want to take in the sights and action around the ocean and intercoastal waterway. Plus when we wake in the morning we want to see the cruise ships!

Archived