My experience with Carnival Glory (5/7-5/14)

JA-MDB

I was on the Glory from 5/7 to 5/14 and we were late arriving in Port Canaveral due to unexpected weather conditions making us stay in port at Progreso. Now, I know that Carnival cannot help it when Mother Nature delays one of its ships but they can help accommodate their customers when it comes to rearranging air travel. They did offer us free satellite connections to land by phone from our rooms but none of us were able to get any 1-800 to work correctly. We had to wait until we had cell phone service to dial any of the airlines. We contacted the pursers desk on Friday (5/13) and asked how we could get our air travel rearranged (because we bought the air and sea package with Carnival as well as travel insurance). They told us that we had to contact the Miami office but that they were closed until the next day. Around 9 AM on Saturday (5/14) we contacted the Miami office to see about rearranging our flight times. They told use to contact the airline companies so we did. The airline companies tried to help but basically said that Carnival had to make adjustments. We then contacted Carnival in Miami again and they basically said that they would not make any changes since it had been changed once already. Not only that, but when we actually got to the Orlando airport and checked in with the American Airlines, we found out that Carnival had actually cancelled our reservations. Thank you Jesus that American was still able book us on the flight. We finally got home around midnight on Saturday.

Now, as far as the cruise, we had a wonderful time in Key West, Belize, and in Cozumel. These places are absolutely beautiful and are well worth another visit. :) I still can't figure out what is in Progreso that makes Carnival schedule it as a port of call. :confused:

Also, could we have a little less Bingo next time please? They made us sit through a game at almost every gathering in the Amber Palace.

This was my first cruise and it made me realize that I love being on the open ocean but I think I would have a much more enjoyable time with a different cruise line. And yes, I am in the younger crowd at 25 years old :cool:.

Well. I've read that RCCL has an ice skating rink and a rock climbing wall. This sounds like a lot of fun. Also, I'm not much of a get on the deck and dance person nor am I into the party scene. The best time I had on the cruise was when I was on the balcony of my room with my wife and we watched the ocean together.

Yeah, I can understand that! We're not much for the party scene either, but i also dont think i'd enjoy ice skating while out at sea. As for rock climbing and mini golf, that would be cool!

We'll try another line some day, but right now carnival has the 4P's (marketing term alert!) that we like - place/price/product/promotions

this could change as we age, who knows!

Well. I've read that RCCL has an ice skating rink and a rock climbing wall. This sounds like a lot of fun. Also, I'm not much of a get on the deck and dance person nor am I into the party scene. The best time I had on the cruise was when I was on the balcony of my room with my wife and we watched the ocean together.

The Voyager ships of RCI are great. No one has anything out there right now quite like them. They are big but do not feel crowded. I would highly suggest that you give them a try.

My wife and I have been on the Voyager Class ships for RCCL and would have to say that there is nothing like them. If you are an active person there is always something to do. Can play full court basketball, go on the inline skating ring, rock climbing or the ice skating ring. But for the last 3 cruises i have gone on they have all been with Carnival for the cost reason. RCCL has gotten very expensive and no long have any price breaks like they have in the past. Any TA that you call is not able to do any type of discounts for the Voyager Class Ship. But looking foward to seeing the new ultra voyager and what it has to offer..

Voyager Of The Seas 6-01 Western Carribean

Explorer Of The Seas 6-02 Eastern Carribean

Carnival Destiny 6-03 Southern Carribean

Serenade Of The Sea 6-04 Alaska

Carnival Victory 9-18-04 Canada/New England

Carnival Glory 6-4-05 Western Carribean

Archived