Walking to Mall at Marathon in Nassau

DarthGrady

Hi folks.

My wife and I are going to be in Nassau on Monarch OTS this weekend. We've been to Nassau many times but have never gone very far into town. Assuming the weather is decent we want to walk to Mall at Marathon from the ship. I checked Google Maps and it gave a route of East St. to Robinson Rd., Robinson Rd. to the mall.

Can anyone tell me if this is the best way to go? Is the area reasonably safe for tourists? Or should we just catch a cab? We are also wanting to see the Queens Staircase en route, if there is time.

Hi folks.

My wife and I are going to be in Nassau on Monarch OTS this weekend. We've been to Nassau many times but have never gone very far into town. Assuming the weather is decent we want to walk to Mall at Marathon from the ship. I checked Google Maps and it gave a route of East St. to Robinson Rd., Robinson Rd. to the mall.

Can anyone tell me if this is the best way to go? Is the area reasonably safe for tourists? Or should we just catch a cab? We are also wanting to see the Queens Staircase en route, if there is time.

Oh.. please don't try and walk this.. Nassau is not the safest place to be these days.. even in daylight. What on earth would be of interest at the mall?.. it's run down and hardly any decent stores open. I wouldn't even take a taxi.

Stay where there is a police presence..in the tourist area.

If you want to do something different, check out the walking tour.. you can find a copy on my website at www.bahamas.treasures.com Link is on the left side at the bottom.. it includes the Queens staircase.

Oh.. please don't try and walk this.. Nassau is not the safest place to be these days.. even in daylight. What on earth would be of interest at the mall?.. it's run down and hardly any decent stores open. I wouldn't even take a taxi.

Stay where there is a police presence..in the tourist area.

If you want to do something different, check out the walking tour.. you can find a copy on my website at www.bahamas.treasures.com Link is on the left side at the bottom.. it includes the Queens staircase.

Thanks for the response. It's actually a restaurant over by the mall that we're interested in. But hearing that, I think we'll skip it.

Archived