Queen Anne's Staircase Nassau

HightowerMom

We will be visiting Nassau in November. Several years ago my husband and I walked to the staircase and up to the fort.

I'm interested in doing this again with my children ages 9 - 14 this time. Is it still safe to walk and explore that area in the afternoon?

Thanks!

You should have no problem doing this on your own with your family. You might want to look at this walking tour for directions and ideas of other things to see. I think your kids would enjoy seeing the library in the old jail and going to the top floor for great views. The staff there was so friendly and happy to have us visit their library. (Be sure to sign their visitor's book.)

For the walking tour, go to http://bahamas-treasures.com/ and click on "Walking Tour" to the left of the screen.

We did this walking tour in late May and it took us about 2 hours, excluding any time at Ft. Fincastle.

I got suckered into one of those tip tour guides at the bottom of the staircase. It was interesting so I gave him a dollar.

I have my own version of the walking tour in my signature (I like to be able to zoom in on the map).

You should have no problem doing this on your own with your family. You might want to look at this walking tour for directions and ideas of other things to see.

For the walking tour, go to http://bahamas-treasures.com/ and click on "Walking Tour" to the left of the screen..

Thanks for posting the excellent site for the Walking Tour! It should be very helpful to many.

Many years ago we were in Nassau (last stop returning from the Caribbean) on a chilly day in early January with our girls when they were about the ages of yours. We did many of the things listed on the Walking Tour and they both enjoyed it.

Wish we'd had computers for the info back then instead of having to depend totally on books. :rolleyes:

Have fun planning! LuLu

My husband and I did this walking last November and we really enjoyed it. We felt safe the entire time and stopped and talked with many locals. We did meet a guy at the bottom of the staircase who asked fot tips but he was very funny and we enjoyed the time we spent talking to him so we gave him a couple of bucks.

We are planning on doing this again this October when we take the kids on their first cruise.

Archived