do you bring power strip/cord w/you on board?

socal4me

In regards to safety in the cabin, I think that running the cord for my husband's cpap machine across the room to the desk is not too safe either. Some room stewards have taped the extension cord to the floor for us. Otherwise my husband unplugs and rolls up the cord and stashes it away every morning. But I worry that some night I will get up for the bathroom and trip over the cord. I am careful about it but . . .

St. Louis Sal

• 3 weeks later...

We always have one in one piece of luggage but have not used it in the last couple of cruises. I have also thrown in a small adapter to split it 3 ways but have not used that yet either.

We mostly need to charge an iphone, an ipod and two Nikon cameras. I found a charger for out camera batteries (luckily we use the same model) that could charge 2 batteries at the same time and it also had a USB port to charge the iphone or ipod.

I brought a power cord on our last cruise and the Damn chinese thing didn't work! It worked for our last cruise -the last time I used it - but that darn chinese POC failed me on our Eastern Carib cruise. Luckily it wasn't needed - no netbook or phones but I'd say if you need to charge anything other than camera you should bring a power cord....

Do you bring power strip cord w/you on cruise vacation? do you find there are enough outlets in the cabin?

thanks.

Carol

yes, we always bring 2 small ones and no, there aren't enough outlets. you can buy some small, low profile power strips that are easy to pack. be careful if you use a socket type plug--depending on what you are plugging in (and the polarity), you may not be able to use all the outlets on it.

good luck

ML

We bought a compact travel strip from Amazon (see photo) for $10--and always travel with it. In addition to handling 3-prong plugs is had a USB outlet. Very useful for charging laptop, cameras, ereader, etc.

yes, this is the one i referred to!! i should have read all pages of the thread but can only take so much on power strips!!:)

ML

Yes I do I brought one two years ago and asked cabin steward he told me not to use it. I went down to front desk and got one. Free. I do not want to be the one where my cabin starts a fire. Its up to you do you want to take that chance?

Mary

Archived