Chilled Dessert Wine & a 2.5 oz pour in MDR?

lopat08865

If I bought or brought (& paid corkage on) a bottle in the MDR, and I wanted it stored chilled so that we could enjoy it the next night(s); and I wanted them to use the smaller dessert wine glasses (they advertise a 2.5oz pour of Quady Electra for sale on the MDR wine list), would that be something they could handle in the MDR?

If I bought or brought (& paid corkage on) a bottle in the MDR, and I wanted it stored chilled so that we could enjoy it the next night(s); and I wanted them to use the smaller dessert wine glasses (they advertise a 2.5oz pour of Quady Electra for sale on the MDR wine list), would that be something they could handle in the MDR?

They have a Sommelier on every ship, so I am sure they can handle this.

They have a Sommelier on every ship, so I am sure they can handle this.

Thanks, but from my reading the Sommelier is only in the Steakhouse.:confused:

Guess what I'm asking is if their glassware includes the smaller dessert wine glasses (or cordial glassware??). Princess was top notch with their glassware "service" but not sure how Carnival is.

Thanks, but from my reading the Sommelier is only in the Steakhouse.:confused:

Guess what I'm asking is if their glassware includes the smaller dessert wine glasses (or cordial glassware??). Princess was top notch with their glassware "service" but not sure how Carnival is.

Oh...sorry. I remember having port in a cordial glass and courvoisier in a snifter, so I am sure they must have all the correct glasses.

OH...Are you sure the Sommelier is only in the Steakhouse? (maybe I am just getting my ships confused)

Talking to your Matre D or head waiter ahead of time should make this possible.

We carryon red wines that we like in larger glasses sometimes we just ask that it is poured in the water glass size glass and that's what they do. Sometimes they pull out some red wine glasses and have them for us each night. and that's the regular wait staff, have not seen a somalier on Carnival.

Just let them know what you would like and they will try to meet it within reason.

Archived