Best Group Meeting Place - Destiny

Jane2357

After years of belonging to an online forum - approx. 20 of us are meeting for the first time on board the Destiny - sailing Oct. 1st. I'm so excited to finally meet these people in person as I feel that I already know them. Many of them have never cruised before so I'm the unoffical planner.

We are leaving out of Miami and the ship sails at 4:00 (I think). Can someone tell me where it would be fun to gather for that 1st meeting for the sail away? Where we can see and have drinks? Having never cruised with a group before I don't have a clue, normally I'd be on my own balcony.

Any other group cruise tips would be welcome. Thanks

After years of belonging to an online forum - approx. 20 of us are meeting for the first time on board the Destiny - sailing Oct. 1st. I'm so excited to finally meet these people in person as I feel that I already know them. Many of them have never cruised before so I'm the unoffical planner.

We are leaving out of Miami and the ship sails at 4:00 (I think). Can someone tell me where it would be fun to gather for that 1st meeting for the sail away? Where we can see and have drinks? Having never cruised with a group before I don't have a clue, normally I'd be on my own balcony.

Any other group cruise tips would be welcome. Thanks

Front balconies are public and in the front of the ship. They are on deck 6 and 7. Great view pulling out of port

I like the idea of the Lido deck because I'm guessing that the bar is up and running but is it super crowed? How early before sail away do people head up there?

Several of us have cabins on 7 so that front balcony would be handy but are there any chairs up front? I guess we could all get drinks and meet on 7.

Also - am I correct that dinner the 1st night is somewhat casual due to some folks might not have their luggage yet? Are we at our assigned tables that 1st night?

Tx

I'll second the aft bar on the Lido deck.

Usually not crowded, easy to find, friendly bartenders and food all right there. Lots of tables and chairs, as well as hot tubs and a pool.

dk

I like the idea of the Lido deck because I'm guessing that the bar is up and running but is it super crowed? How early before sail away do people head up there?People gather all over the ship as they get on. Lido aft will be up and running.

Several of us have cabins on 7 so that front balcony would be handy but are there any chairs up front? I guess we could all get drinks and meet on 7.

Also - am I correct that dinner the 1st night is somewhat casual due to some folks might not have their luggage yet? Are we at our assigned tables that 1st night? 1st night dinner is casual. Your tables will be assigned prior to embarkation and your assignment will be on your S&S card.

Have fun!

dk

I like the idea of the Lido deck because I'm guessing that the bar is up and running but is it super crowed? How early before sail away do people head up there?

Do remember that the muster drill is right before sail away. On most of our cruises the ship has already started to pull away before the muster is over. There will be a mad dash for everyone to go up on the Lido deck to watch the sail away.

Why was I thinking that the muster drill was later? Oh well this is only my 5th cruise so I'm not that experienced.

So it will be

board ship

muster drill

sail away

dinner

in that order? I still think the Lido will be fun - a party type atmosphere. I just have to figure out how our group can all recognize each other short of me holding up a stupid sign.

Why was I thinking that the muster drill was later? Oh well this is only my 5th cruise so I'm not that experienced.

So it will be

board ship

muster drill

sail away

dinner

in that order? I still think the Lido will be fun - a party type atmosphere. I just have to figure out how our group can all recognize each other short of me holding up a stupid sign.

That's the way it's been on the six cruises we've been on.

So it will be

board ship

muster drill

sail away

dinner

We have done the meeting at the rear of the Lido deck multiple times. They just need to know to go clear to the back, even behind the hot tubs. Wonderful spot and you can still see sailaway.

What has worked very well for us to indentify each other is to wear mardi gras beads. We usually wear them to the port in the morning and we are running into CC memebers all through out embarkation.

good luck and have a fun cruise.

What has worked very well for us to indentify each other is to wear mardi gras beads. We usually wear them to the port in the morning and we are running into CC memebers all through out embarkation.

good luck and have a fun cruise.

Great Idea! Identifying fellow CC members can be tricky. I like the idea of the Lido deck aft bar. That seems to be the easiest. Last year we attempted to meet for breakfast in the MDR and CCL was not helpful whatsoever. They told us we were free to walk through the MDR and see if we recognized anyone... so those mardi gras beads would have been handy!

Great Idea! Identifying fellow CC members can be tricky. I like the idea of the Lido deck aft bar. That seems to be the easiest. Last year we attempted to meet for breakfast in the MDR and CCL was not helpful whatsoever. They told us we were free to walk through the MDR and see if we recognized anyone... so those mardi gras beads would have been handy!

On one cruise we agreed to wear them the night before. Ran into one couple at Bayside Market walking around and another couple in the hotel lobby.

On that same cruise we had 8 couples sitting together having a drink on the Lido deck by 1pm. We enjoyed each others company, and already felt like we knew them with months of CC post, we went to the dinning room and had our reservations changed. All because of the beads.

Archived