New to NCl.....can I buy OBC...

sandi1967

Hi,

I just booked the Gem for next June for daughters graduation trip.

I have only cruised carnival.....my question is, are you able to purchase OBC that will be on your account when you board the ship? I normally do this on our past trips.

I also buy drink coupons....is this available?

Thanks

Sandi

Yes, you can pre-pay a certain amount and have it as on board credit. Never heard of drink coupons but if you have plenty of OBC, then just use that to buy drinks, or whatever else you need on the entire ship.

Love pre-buying OBC, especially if I have a cruise booked out, so I can buy $50 here and there. It's like a game, knowing I'm spending the money, but it's nice to have a nest egg once on board and not worrying about my credit card!

Go to your profile on NCL and then your booking. You can purchase the OBC there.

They do not offer drink coupons.

Dave

I don't think you can buy OBC from your online account but your TA or PCC should be able to add it. OBC that is purchase from a credit card is fully refundable if you don't use it. Free OBC has to be used or lost.

You can buy as much OBC as you want. If it goes unused, you will get a refund check mailed to you after the cruise. I am buying $50 per week for our cruise in February. I also buy the soda plan before the cruise.

As far as alcoholic drinks, you can buy Bon Voyage gifts of wine or you can call and ask for a Bar Setup in your room.

Archived