Hotel HELP.PLEASE..begging !!

canuckof5

I've looked and called and so far coming up with nothing.. InterContinental and Holiday Inn....nothing...all I can find is about $500.00 or more USA funds per night for a family of 5 for a Miami hotel..

Cruise price is over 500.00 a night also...

I have read every board post and I have searched every Hotel but not knowing Miami or have any ideas about the areas I'm lost..

We need 1 room pre - cruise and 2 days after like to take the kids to the Aquarium and Zoo..

I know I'll be paying more from USA funds to Canadian but over $ 600-$ 700 a night for a room is unreal...

So if anyone out there has any ideas ..for a family w/3 kids, that would be ok for us.. safe & clean...please post..

Thank you

a greatful mom :)

When are you going? I will be in Miami in December and have found lots of hotels for about $150 a night. We did find a hotel at the airport (Fairfield Inn) for a little over $100 a night and that includes transfers from the airport and to the port (for two people). Also have found prices about that range for the Holiday Inn - Port of Miami/Downtown. I guess a lot would depend on when you are going.

Thanks for your post.. We also are traveling in Dec...

I called the Fairfield Inn Miami Airport W...and they have no room for 5 of us, UNLESS we book 2 rooms...

Yes room for 2 people is every where even 4, but finding room for those pesky 3 extra "kids" lol... nope..

So we can have the rooms at Fairfield Inn if thats the one you were talking about but for over 300.00 for 2 nights..not including extra they charge...

Maybe we will have to leave right after the Cruise..

I guess I'll look for Hotels b/4 we ever choose a Cruise again....

Have you tried looking at budget motels like Howard Johnson, Super8, Motel 6, Red Roof Inn, or Econo Lodge? I know they are not as nice at the ones you were looking at but it might be a more affordable option. If you are looking at hotels geared toward families, you might try a search on google for extended stay hotels. We found a studio suite with a complete kitchen and two beds for $69.00 in Naples, FL by doing this type of search. You might have to search hard but I'm sure you will come up with something. Let us know!

I got curious and did some checking at Staybridge Suites in Miami for a random date in December. The prices range from $118-$145. And 5 can be in one room! Not only does the room have a full kitchen, they also have a free laundry room and a full free breakfast. Some nights they have a free cookout with cocktails. It said the location is near the airport so I don't know if this is good for you or not. I would check them out!

http://www.staybridgesuites.com

They are owned by Holiday Inn:)

If you could be more specific with date's, I could help you! Just doing a random search for December, I got great price's at candelwood suites a 3*,Miami airport west all-suite's full kitchen for 60 US a night. Some good rates at the Holiday inn in CORAL GABEL'S which is a nice location. Try sidestep.com or priceline.com. It's also very cheap to rent a car in Miami. Let me know if I can help!!!!

For 6 or 7 years we did road trip vacations as a family of five. Always were able to get a room with 2 double beds and a rollaway cot.

It was cramped and everyone needed the bathroom at the same time :D BUT it was affordable. Back then $40-50 per night plus $5 or so for the rollaway.

Try calling them direct and as suggested try the less expensive brands.

Charlie

We can't help you if you don't tell us the dates you need rooms. There are lots of people here who would like to help you. But you need to help us first. What are kid's ages.

You're panicking, but in reality the problem is that you are probably too early for good rates.

I wasn't panicking until I stated checking into some rates for Dec and found no available rooms...

I went through every Hotel on trip advisor and some from the links others have given me putting in dates..and came up with 0 or too high for us to afford..

I do understand it will be higher converting it into Canadian funds but $ 400-600 a night is steep...

Ok, we need Dec 18 - 19 pre Cruise

and then need Dec 23- 25..post Cuise

we have 2 adults and 3 kids aged 15, 15 and 13...

We are not looking for fancy just clean and safe..

I will look into every place you all have listed today !!!!

Thank you so much I do apprecite it !!!!

:)

Go right to http://www.hilton.com Embassy Suites even has a cruise package at 161 CAD, or you can prepay for room only at 123 CAD. Be sure to click on room details. Looks like extra child costs USD 10 mainly to cover the cooked to order breakfast which is included in the price of the room. Can't imagine you will find anything better than this. Please let us know if this works for you. You can contact me direct at hmw608 at aol dot com.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived