DVD player on the Dawn

AmyD102

I am leaving on the Dawn 9/7/12. My sister is cruising with her 2 year old son and was wondering if the mini-suites have a dvd player in the room. She wasn't sure if she should pack a few dvds to keep a fussy two year old at bay..lol. I tried the NCL website and searching the threads but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

I am in the exact same situation as your sister, minisuite on the Dawn with a 2 year old in tow. NCL rep. advised me there is no DVD player in the minisuite. Once you move to a true suite, there will be a large TV with DVD player and even a movie library. Anything minisuite and lower, you must play it on your laptop or tablet.

Thank you for the fast response! I wonder if I can bring a small dvd player I have at home. It was $20 and i keep it as a backup. Do you know if the tv's have the hookups to connect the dvd players? Thanks again!

Thank you for the fast response! I wonder if I can bring a small dvd player I have at home. It was $20 and i keep it as a backup. Do you know if the tv's have the hookups to connect the dvd players? Thanks again!

I bought one just for this purpose on our Dawn cruise at the end of July and we were unable to use it. Has to do with the some setting that couldn't be changed. My husband could explain it better but whatever that needed to be changed was blocked by NCL.

For the most part NCL keeps you from changing the source of input to the TVs....so even if there are available input jacks, it won't result in a picture or sound. The older CRT TVs seemed to work,but when they upgraded to the flat panel, digital TVs, the remotes do not allow you to change the input source.

You can buy DVD players with 9" screens for about $50 at discount places.

Archived