Celebrity Reflection 12/15/12

TexSea

Hi everyone. My partner Matt and I just booked the Celebrity Reflection last night. Very much looking forward to Blu and the Martini Bar.

I've only been on one other cruise - an Atlantis cruise last summer on the Celebrity Silhouette. I'm sure this will be very different.

• 2 months later...

Hi JPod. Matt and Jayson here. Really getting excited, the time has come up quickly. Ready for some drinks at the Martini Bar and some relaxation.

Looks like there are several other couples who have joined up on the "regular" Roll Call as well.

I just booked in the last couple weeks, and found the beverage package deal just last night. So, I guess I'm ready.

I've done a bunch of cruises, many on Celebrity, but I was overdue. Quite ready for the trip, and it should still have that new-ship smell.

Hi David and CapnAndrew. Welcome!

CapnAndrew, on the Celebrity board do a search for the beverage package calculator or spreadsheet. It helps guesstimate how much you might drink and how much each drink will cost. We did buy the package during the 10% sale. I think after a couple of coffees in the morning, bottles of water, a couple of beers at lunch, and some wine and martinis in the evening it's well worth it. And you don't have to sign slips or think about how much you are spending on each drink.

Hi Kevin and partner. Yeah, some of the live postings have been critical. But it's been mostly about the drink tickets for elites and the electrical issue. Both of those won't effect our cruise I suppose. Now that other cruisers are coming back from the inaugural cruise and posting comments and full-fledged reviews in the review section, they've all been very positive. Definitely not worried (tho I was a little bit at one point...).

Partner is Jimmi and I agree that most things are pretty picky and overall reviews have been positive.

Hopefully, engine problem will be fixed and we will not have any issues with our itinerary.

2 weeks to go. Been kind of spoiled as we just got back from a Thanksgiving cruise this past Sunday.

Random question. Has anyone used the clothes pressing or dry cleaning services on a cruise ship before? Are they okay? Fast? Expensive? I'm thinking about packing a suit for formal night in a smaller suitcase to save space but I know the rooms onboard have no irons and my suit will be quite wrinkled. Any experience with this?

I've had items laundered, but not dry cleaned or pressed, and they came out just fine. If you do send something out, do it right away so it will be returned in time for the first formal night, night two.

Here's the laundry price list, http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&faqSubjectId=70.

Also, I've had really good luck packing my jackets as done in this video. Hardly any wrinkles and a quick steam in bathroom let the few I had fall out. And, it really minimized the space it took up in the suitcase.

Hope this helps!!

I've always found pressing and dry cleaning to be the same quality as I get at home. It's hotel pricing, so expensive, but they do a fine job.

If, by any chance, you're in the Elite category of the Capt Club, you get some laundry and a pressing or two, done for free. A nice bonus.

Archived