Help with PCD

callmebetty

I have read that booking another cruise is a good way, and really the only way to cure PCD (Post Cruise Depression).

I have booked another cruise and am now faced with a new form of PCD (Pre-Cruise Depression) because my cruise isn't for 330 days...

how do I end this vicious cylcle of PCD???

I have read that booking another cruise is a good way, and really the only way to cure PCD (Post Cruise Depression).

I have booked another cruise and am now faced with a new form of PCD (Pre-Cruise Depression) because my cruise isn't for 330 days...

Book 10 or 12 cruises at a time...:eek: :D :) How about seeing if there is a short 1 or 2 day weekend cruise you could do before the next longer one? ;)

How about getting chatty on your roll call, and keep the excitement building.... :)

Dear Betty, PCD is a serious ailment and unfortunately there is no cure, only treatment which includes doing the countdown jiggity jig, calling up all your family, friends, and coworkers to tell them everything about your cruise and how excited you are (to make them jealous of course), lurking every single CC forum, and mostly importantly searching cruise lines day and night for price drops and OBC, until you eventually call up your TA or PCC to rebook or book yet even more cruises.

I started a roll call but there is no one on it yet.

The couple that has booked with us is already sick of my texting about the cruise.

Perhaps I should start asking hubby to do things I would ask of the butler...and see if the cat can learn to make towel animals!

I guess I will have to resort to contantly checking prices on NCL.com and see if I can go higher than the SF, or maybe see if I can upgrade our friends and get them into the suite life (as first time cruisers, this may be tragic for any future cruises they try to plan).

Thanks for the advice, at least I know I am not alone! If I keep doing the happy jig for the next 320 days I will get to buy a smaller bikini ;)

Sorry to hear that.....I'm afraid it's terminal.....just enjoy the time you have left;)

You can lessen the discomfort though by booking another trip asap;)

Kinda like a dog chasing his tail but once you have it...make the best of it!

geo

Dear Betty, PCD is a serious ailment and unfortunately there is no cure, only treatment which includes doing the countdown jiggity jig, calling up all your family, friends, and coworkers to tell them everything about your cruise and how excited you are (to make them jealous of course), lurking every single CC forum, and mostly importantly searching cruise lines day and night for price drops and OBC, until you eventually call up your TA or PCC to rebook or book yet even more cruises.

LOL!! Kylenyc....sounds like I also suffer from a full-fledged case of PCD as well. Booking more cruises always helps!

OP, callmebetty, since you are only in CT, check out the 2 nighters on the Jewel, they leave Mid Jan - Feb 2013 (there are 3 of them!!)

and a inside cabin is about $249/pp...cheaper than a hotel room for the night in NYC! We are hoping this will help with the symptoms of our PCD until our Breakaway cruise!

~Michele:D

Archived