More=Merrier ~ refundable deposit?

jenale80

If I book More=Merrier rate, is the deposit fully refundable, if I cancel? What is the cancellation policy like?

I checked Terms & Conditions for More=Merrier and I don't see any restriction as to "nonrefundable deposit" like that for Early Saver. However, the Cruise Contract cancellation penalties still apply if you cancel after your Final Payment Deadline.

I thought the More=Merrier offering was only for selected cruises through August 2012 - if so, this is a moot discussion?

ken

I checked Terms & Conditions for More=Merrier and I don't see any restriction as to "nonrefundable deposit" like that for Early Saver. However, the Cruise Contract cancellation penalties still apply if you cancel after your Final Payment Deadline.

I thought the More=Merrier offering was only for selected cruises through August 2012 - if so, this is a moot discussion?

ken

thanks for the info. I tried to google for the info. but could not find a direct answer. I just may have to call....

No not moot, I am looking at a late November cruise and the More=Merrier rate is offered.:D

thanks for the info. I tried to google for the info. but could not find a direct answer. I just may have to call....

No not moot, I am looking at a late November cruise and the More=Merrier rate is offered.:D

Do the so-called "mock booking" and when you get to the page that shows the various rates offered, if you select "More=Merrier" there should be a pop-up lower on the page that shows the Terms for that rate. Note that they indicate that if PAX 3/4 cancel, the rate will be readjusted (I assume out of the More=Merrier Rate) .

Care to share the ship/date? How did you tumble onto that? The site doesn't seem to list More=Merrier under any specials and such?

ken

Do the so-called "mock booking" and when you get to the page that shows the various rates offered, if you select "More=Merrier" there should be a pop-up lower on the page that shows the Terms for that rate. Note that they indicate that if PAX 3/4 cancel, the rate will be readjusted (I assume out of the More=Merrier Rate) .

Care to share the ship/date? How did you tumble onto that? The site doesn't seem to list More=Merrier under any specials and such?

ken

Ken, I'm booked on Magic on Nov. 25, and I booked under the More = Merrier rate. And yes, it is fully refundable prior to final payment due date. I know, because I did cancel the original cruise because of a fiasco with my booking. After Carnival got the problem fixed, I rebooked, again under the More = Merrier rate.

And yes, you are correct - if the More = Merrier rate is booked, and at some point the occupancy of the cabin drops to two people, then they no longer qualify for the More = Merrier rate.

To the OP, if you're looking at a cruise in Nov., keep in mind that once you are past final payment due date, then standard cancellation penalties would apply.

Hope that helps!

Archived