More C&A questions....

Sorry if these have been asked before!

1. I am currently a C&A at the lowly Gold level (but advancing to Platinum very soon, whoo! :D). My fiance, however, has never cruised before. Since we have an upcoming booking, he'll get his number - is it possible to add him to my level since we're in the same house, or is he stuck at the beginning Gold level?

2. I recently looked in the members' area for a savings certificate for my upcoming, but there were literally NO options for any Canada/New England sailing. Everything else is listed. Is this a typical situation? I find it odd that they'd offer at least one certificate on every itinerary BUT that one.

3. I joined C&A under the pre-"points" system, so I don't quite understand how they work. I currently have 15 points, but have only taken two cruises. What is each cruise "worth" as far as points are concerned, and how do they apply that worth - is it by accommodation (cabin style/size, etc.) or another way?

Thanks in advance - again, sorry if these have been asked before.

Sorry if these have been asked before!

1. I am currently a C&A at the lowly Gold level (but advancing to Platinum very soon, whoo! :D). My fiance, however, has never cruised before. Since we have an upcoming booking, he'll get his number - is it possible to add him to my level since we're in the same house, or is he stuck at the beginning Gold level? Check with C&A and since he is living at the same address as you, they may adjust his level but possibly not until after he has completed his first cruise. It will do no harm to ask.

2. I recently looked in the members' area for a savings certificate for my upcoming, but there were literally NO options for any Canada/New England sailing. Everything else is listed. Is this a typical situation? I find it odd that they'd offer at least one certificate on every itinerary BUT that one.

It may seem odd, but if a particular itinerary sells out or sells very well without discounts being offered, it wouldn't make much good business sense for them to offer a discount. Savings certificates are marketing devices intended to drive up sales for particular sailings. It may just be a case that they don't see a need to drive up sales on those sailings.

3. I joined C&A under the pre-"points" system, so I don't quite understand how they work. I currently have 15 points, but have only taken two cruises. What is each cruise "worth" as far as points are concerned, and how do they apply that worth - is it by accommodation (cabin style/size, etc.) or another way?

Thanks in advance - again, sorry if these have been asked before.

There was a formula that they used when they converted from the old system to a new point system. Someone may be able to resurrect it if you are really interested. However, under the current system you will now receive a point for every night of your sailing. If you are in a junior suite or a full suite, you will receive double points. The C&A levels are now figured on the total number of cruise points you have accrued. RCI's website lists the various levels of membership and the number of cruise points needed for each level. Since you now have 15 points, you will need to accrue 15 more points in order to reach Platinum Level. Two seven night cruises in a regular stateroom or one seven night cruise in a JS or above will get you within one point of Platinum.:)

Archived