Why is my Cruise so un-popular ?

KPGirl

We are cruising the Glory on December 30th. I never see mention of it on here, no roll call and between when I booked in Jan until now have only seen one other room in my category sell. Any ideas why no one is booking this cruise?? I have had 3 price drops so far and am hoping for many more. The way its going I'm convinced this will happen.

We are cruising the Glory on December 30th. I never see mention of it on here, no roll call and between when I booked in Jan until now have only seen one other room in my category sell. Any ideas why no one is booking this cruise?? I have had 3 price drops so far and am hoping for many more. The way its going I'm convinced this will happen.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1560195&highlight=carnival+glory+new+years+2012

Here is your roll call

I'd love to sail for NYE.

It's the price I don't like.

For example, I can cruise Liberty 12/15/12 $699pp for a balcony. The NYE cruise on the same ship is $1369pp for a balcony. I don't want to go that bad.

But don't worry...the ship will not be empty.

I'd love to sail for NYE.

It's the price I don't like.

For example, I can cruise Liberty 12/15/12 $699pp for a balcony. The NYE cruise on the same ship is $1369pp for a balcony. I don't want to go that bad.

But don't worry...the ship will not be empty.

I got it cheaper for the price that is listed now, while it's more then non-holiday cruises it's not terrible, we are ocean view, hoping for a few more price drops.

Well, it is selling....

The current catagories are sold out:

JS, 8F, 8M, 9B, 9N, 9C, and PT.

No idea why no one is responding....I bet there are lurkers who just haven't posted yet. On our Roll Call we had a guy that has been lurking for MONTHS (booked in March) and just posted a few days ago.

Same with my cruise. Only about 4 on our roll call. I figure it is because of the two one way airfares.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

What do you mean two one way airfares?

Well, it is selling....

The current catagories are sold out:

JS, 8F, 8M, 9B, 9N, 9C, and PT.

No idea why no one is responding....I bet there are lurkers who just haven't posted yet. On our Roll Call we had a guy that has been lurking for MONTHS (booked in March) and just posted a few days ago.

How did you find all of that out ??? How do you know what each category is ?

Sailing on NYE would be so much fun. Your roll call will most likely pick up soon, but if not make your own fun.

I'm not worried about not having fun, just curious to why it wouldn't be more popular. I can make my own fun pretty much in any situation.

Thanks Saralee for that info, never knew where to look.

OMG Prices just went UP!!!! Take a look now!

glorycf1.jpg?t=1346030540

Thanks for this website, but why are the prices here higher then on the carnival website, there it is showing $829 for Ocean View and here $959 and up ?

Thanks for this website, but why are the prices here higher then on the carnival website, there it is showing $829 for Ocean View and here $959 and up ?

829? Where are you finding that? I just went into Carnival's fareviewer and came up with

1718 for funsaver oceanview (859 pp)

1918 for 6A (959pp)

1958 for 6B (979pp)

1978 for 6C (989pp)

which matches the chart above from the fish site

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! Go see the last post on the first page of this thread....I had posted the chart (which has a price of 829 for oceanview) and then within 10 minutes the price went up and I reposted the new chart (the one you are referring to) stating the prices had JUST gone up. If you check the fareviewer now, you will see the prices match. Sheer timing. You must have looked at the fareviewer then saw my post, not the other way around. Also, realize the prices have been bouncing back and forth for days now. EVERYDAY I get a notification on my cruise that prices go up, then 12 hours later I get one saying prices are down. I thought it was something wonky with the site but apparently it's happening on your cruise too. Fareviewer matches so I guess Carnival keeps switching the prices. Have you found the site? If so, go to FINDER along the top, then select Glory on the left and select your cruise. When the chart comes up hover your mouse over the price of you cabin and you will see when the prices have changed and how they keep going back and forth.

Hope I haven't confused you too much lol

Archived