Bought Insur thru carnival for 8/30

toribug

We are due to sail on Thurs 8/30 out of NOLA. Of course, Issac is suppose to hit midnight Tues/Wed morning. This is our third cruise and I have never had to use this. I am very worried that the cruise will be canceled or that we leave and cannot get there. We are driving from kentucky. Carnival said they will cover the cost of the cruise if its canceled but what if we cannot get to it due to flooding/downed lines/etc. I debated on booking this time of year and now I am not sure if we will cruise or not. I heard there might me 7-10ft surge around there. The other ship will have to get back up the Mississippi and dock and unload and I dont see that being on time if it makes landfall there. The cruise is only a 4night so if its delayed we will have to get a hotel and I'm sure they are expensive in New Orleans. Any help or suggestions on this

Here is a link to the plan description http://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/Vacation-Protection-201205pdf.ashx

I would call them and discuss your situation just so you can make sure you follow all of the steps you need to, if it does need to be cancelled - The Program Administrator can be contacted 24 hours a day online at

http://www.travelclaim.com or Monday – Friday 8 AM – 10 PM (Eastern) and Saturdays 9 AM – 5 PM (Eastern)

by calling 1-800-331-2796 or 1-516-342-2720

Archived