Rental car Curacao

Rafaella

Dear all,

4 of us are going on 10 days Panama canal cruise with HAL in October/12. I was wondering how easy is to deal with rental car situation in Curacao. I would like to spend about 5 hours in Curacao doing some beach and nice local meal in the restaurant. I would prefer to keep all this business near to the pier area, as much as possible. Can someone, please, advice me, how difficult to drive the rental car in Curacao, what are some pros and cons with all the " rental car" business on this island. Also, how doable all this in 4-5 hours time frame. What are the local money in exchange for a dollar and how much would the rental car vs taxi cost me. PS. my mom is not very mobile, otherwise, I would just walk near to the pier and get a quick taxi to the local beach. Any ideas are welcome. Thank you.

You will have to walk to the end of the pier regardless if you have a rental car or taking a taxi. The only vehicles stationed closer to the ship are the excursion busses.

If you have limited time (and limited mobility), I would just take a taxi to Blue Bay with your party. About 15 minutes drive from the pier and the fare shouldn't be more than $25 one way.

There is a rental car facility close to the pier area, but you will spend a LONG time just getting the admin stuff out of the way, then finding your way to the beach and back, etc.

The dollar is officially 1.78 Antillean guilder, but there are places accepting it at 1.75, others at 1.80.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks, Isa,

Another question I guess would be is there a nice place to eat/restaurant near by the Blue Bay beach? Just wondering. Thanks, again.l

You will have to walk to the end of the pier regardless if you have a rental car or taking a taxi. The only vehicles stationed closer to the ship are the excursion busses.

If you have limited time (and limited mobility), I would just take a taxi to Blue Bay with your party. About 15 minutes drive from the pier and the fare shouldn't be more than $25 one way.

There is a rental car facility close to the pier area, but you will spend a LONG time just getting the admin stuff out of the way, then finding your way to the beach and back, etc.

The dollar is officially 1.78 Antillean guilder, but there are places accepting it at 1.75, others at 1.80.

Have a great cruise!

Archived