Finally! Sun Princess 2006

SAYHEYRENEE

Princess finally released pricing and booking of the Sun yesterday. Sun and Dawn are the last ships released in Alaska for 2006. I was not being patient. NCL tempted me for a while but thanks to the recommendations on this board-I held out.

Booked Honeymoon on 9/17/2006 on Sun Princess. Hipee!

Renee,

We're booked on Sun Princess, too, but for Easter to the Caribbean. We were on the Sun Princess just a couple of months after it was launched, and loved it. Any questions, just ask.

We live in Torresdale, probably not that far from you! We're veteran Princess cruises (Platinum level), and prefer Princess to Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Carnival.

It's nice to see another 2006 traveler on the Sun!

Joan

Hi Philly cruiser.

Hey I'm from Tacony but moving next month to Holy Family area. Come see our Philly tread. Perhaps you can come to one of our get togethers.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44364

I'm so excited about the Sun. I chose it because of the round trip from Seattle-cheaper air fares. Choose Princess based on reveiws of how well they handle Alaska, food, etc.

I went on the Majesty of the seas which is the same size ship but Sun looks layed out better, their rooms bigger and more balconys.

Can't wait.

Hi,

I've seen the Philly thread. I even think I posted there once.

We loved our Princess cruise to Alaska two summers ago. It was on the Star Princess, round trip out of Seattle. I know you've made the right choice. The Sun Princess is a great ship. We can't wait until our April cruise.

When are you moving to the "Holy Family" area? Do you mean Brookhaven? If so, it's a very, very small world.

Joan

Hi,

When are you moving to the "Holy Family" area? Do you mean Brookhaven? If so, it's a very, very small world.

Joan

Joan,

I'm moving in with my fiance next month. He is right down the street from Holy Family. I'm not sure what that area is called, I know it is that little section off of Frankford past Holy Family College. Morrell Park is the area on the other side of Frankford Ave.

Terry- you stalker.

Joan- This will be my first Princess-and I am excited. Heard all good things about them on the Alaska trips. Almost went with NCL out of Seattle because I was inpatient. I have been on RCL (small ship and hated the ship but I love to cruise) and on Carnival (not a bad one yet). Heading up North to Canada in August on the Triumph. Just a relaxing cruise with no set plans (yet that is)

This weekend I will be out gardening in Brookhaven. I have tulips, daffys, Japenese iris', pioneise (sp?), day lilies to plant. Trying to make it my little home now.

Renee,

May I ask where you found the info about the round-trip Seattle cruises for next summer? I keep checking the Princess site and don't see any Seattle sailings listed. Also, only 2005 Alaska brochures are currently available.

DH and I are thinking about this itinerary for our 35th anniversary in June, 2006. We've only sailed on "grand" class ships and look forward to a cruise on one of Princess' smaller vessels.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

They are not up on Princess but I found them through my TA and now cruisesonly has them. Let me say they were more on that website. I still dont see them on any others.

I got a BB balcony for 1429/per incl port charges and taxes.

Renee,

You did well with your BB booking. And the nice thing is, even if you don't get upgraded, you will have a nice cabin to call home.

I hope that you are planning to stay in Seattle either before or after your cruise. We really loved it!

Joan

P.S. See you out gardening (in the rain?) this weekend. Be careful. My 12-year-old just got an incredibly horrible case of Poison Ivy all over his face. He's home from school today. His eyes are swollen. Today my life revolves around Benadryl, cold compresses, and Calamine Lotion. Reading about my ship keeps me sane.

Yikes! I know there is no poison ivy. All he has on his lawn are azaleas and rotededrums (sp?)I'm planning on flying to Seattle Friday evening and the ship leaves Sunday. I want to see the needle of course but also the underground city. Checking out the monarail. Going on a 2 hour cruise to Lake Washington Locks-kind of like the panama canal. The flying (or tossing)fish market. Geez, Do you think I can do all that on Saturday?

Thank God the next week I'll be on a cruise.

Terry- you stalker.

This weekend I will be out gardening in Brookhaven. I have tulips, daffys, Japenese iris', pioneise (sp?), day lilies to plant. Trying to make it my little home now.

I am!! I saw you out front gardening on Saturday! We drove by!! Some guys were carrying something in the front door too!!! Such a good stalker I am!! lol!!!

Terry you are too much. Yes that was me. My friend Anne beeped - Why didn't you? Mike and Aaron were bringing in all the kitchen supplies. This week the kitchen is getting redone. Next week we are painting-Mike needs some color in his place-everything is white and tan....and then I move in. Let me tell you my handstrings are so tight! I walking like I fell off a horse.

Well, I never got to stalk anybody this weekend. I was still being a full-time nurse to my son. I've never seen such a disgusting reaction to poison ivy in my life! The swelling in his face began to go down on Sunday, so he went back to school today. Phew!!!

Renee,

Your Seattle itinerary sounds, to put it mildly, a tad ambitious. ARE YOU CRAZY??? Well, look at it this way, if you burn out running all over Seattle, you have a nice day at sea before your first Alaskan port.

Joan

Exactly how I see it. The first day at sea is going to prepare me for a very port intensive trip.

Let me tell you my hamstrings and hands are so cramped. I still have about 5 more types of plants to finish. We will see what gets done this week.

Remember to tell your son- leaves of 3 leave them be.

DW and I are on the Sun Princess with a group of 9 for a cruisetour June 9 - 21, 2005 southbound from Whittier to Vancouver with Denali/McKinley tour pre-cruise. Will post a cruise review after we return. We are sooooooooooo excited!

Archived