Canada's Thanksgiving

Just discovered that we will be in St John on our fall cruise on the 2nd Monday in October and this happens to be a national holiday. Does anyone know if stores, restaurants, tour operators will be closed that day? Last year while on another cruise we were in Sweden on one of their holiday's and many places were closed for the holiday.

Just discovered that we will be in St John on our fall cruise on the 2nd Monday in October and this happens to be a national holiday. Does anyone know if stores, restaurants, tour operators will be closed that day? Last year while on another cruise we were in Sweden on one of their holiday's and many places were closed for the holiday.

I'm not sure about the East Coast but I don't think it is much different then the West Coast. Stores will be open but with Sunday hours (11-5 or noon-6 or similar). The majority of restaurants will be open as well. As for tour operators, I guess that is to their discretion.

^ I'm actually inclined to disagree somewhat - but I honestly don't know what stores will be open. Some stores that would normally open on a holiday may be closed because it really is a family, "eating" holiday and not just another statutory holiday. Our business, which is normally open on holidays, is closed on Thanksgiving Monday.

Bottom line: don't know. :confused:

Archived