How many kids on board?

globalhoneymooning

There will be kids and pretty many. I guess it ultimately depends on how school breaks fall and how many parents are willing to take their kiddos out of school for that length of time. You could always call DCL but I'm not sure you'd get an answer. A line that doesn't really cater to families might be better prepared to give out that info.

When we sailed Cunard last year, they told us in advance how many children to expect on the sailing by age groups. Does DCL offer the same info?

I'm curious how many kids will be on board during the 14 night Panama Canal sailing this December.

Our first cruise was the WBPC in 2008. This was in May, so during school time. Instead of the usual load of approximately 1000 kids onboard, there were more like 400. Many of those were the little ones not in school yet.

I don't know that DCL releases how many kids are onboard on a specific cruise.

Now, that said, on DCL, many families will keep their kids out of school for a special trip, so the numbers will vary.

:)

I would imagine the Panama Canal cruise will have fewer children than many of the DCL cruises due to the length and time of year.

Homeschool kids and younger children who do not go to school yet will probably be the norm. It's hard to take kids out of public school for that many days for a vacation without getting in trouble (at least in NJ it is). Private school kids may have more flexibility.

Disney is very good at keeping the adult areas "kid free". You will definitely see them in the dining room and at the shows, but it's not hard to stay away from being mobbed by kids. (We are pros at it - and we have a kid!)

Enjoy your cruise - I wish I had that kind of vacation time in one big chunk. We would be on it in a heart beat!

Archived