Korcula P&O Riviera Cruise - Advice please

ucanttaketheboy

I don't know if you've been to Korcula before or not. We were there in 2011, for a day call on a cruise to Venice. We just wandered around the town, we didn't do an excursion.

I thought Korcula itself was very attractive, and also very small and quite quiet (apparently from having 3000 cruise passengers descending on it!). I was also very impressed with what we saw of the Croatian coast line - very beautiful and apparently unspoiled - during the sail in and sail out. After reading the excursion summary, it sounds as if it's simply a close-up exploration of part of that coastline. There isn't anywhere big or exciting along it, so yes I would think that it is going to be a very relaxed chill-out day. It will depend on whether that's the right thing for you or not, and also what state you'll be in when you get to Korcula - in our case it was the perfect follow-on to two days in the noise and bustle of Venice, but I can imagine that if you were still on your way towards Venice, with excitement and anticipation still building and all that, it might well seem too quiet.

We did this excursion from the Arcadia. If you like superb scenery you will like it. The boat stops twice at two small villages and we got off and just walked round, there are beaches to go on if you wish. The second stop was at a bar where were given local wine and biscuits. We got off the boat at the main town and walked round and had more wine/beer. It is very pretty. The villages don't take Euros so if you think you are going to spend money you will need local currency. The main town does take Euros. The trip is really a cruise round a very large bay (we could see the ship from wherever we were) but it was very relaxing and we enjoyed it. There is no dock so it is a tender port.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Have decided to stick with this trip. It will come on the back of port days in Messina, Cephalonia, Dubrovnik, Venice with Corfu to follow. So I think a relaxing day will be in order. Hopefully will have time for a wander around the town when we are finished. Tom, have read your blogs with interest as you did a similar cruise to ours.

Archived