How long is the drive from Port of Livorno to Cinque Terre

Eppe4

We just visited Cinque Terre on a private tour with Simply Firenze/Simply Amalfi from Livorno this month and had an amazing time.

We stopped in Pisa on the way there, but on the way back it took us around 1.5 hours to get from Manarola to the port.

While we were there, we did a mixture of hiking (Manarola to Riomaggiore), taking the train (Riomaggiore to Vernazza and Monterosso) and the ferry (Monterosso back to Manarola).

We took a quick swim while in Monterosso which was very refreshing after all the walking we did.

Currently on Ruby Princess and was just informed this afternoon that tomorrow's tour to CT has been cancelled by tour operator due to mud slides and rough seas. I'm very disappointed! I can't find anything online about new mudslides. Wondering if it's still possible to get there by train or private company? Any current info for area conditions would be much appreciated!

Currently on Ruby Princess and was just informed this afternoon that tomorrow's tour to CT has been cancelled by tour operator due to mud slides and rough seas. I'm very disappointed! I can't find anything online about new mudslides. Wondering if it's still possible to get there by train or private company? Any current info for area conditions would be much appreciated!

It sounds like an abundance of caution; there was a rock slide recently, which may have closed the lover's walk. The tour operator may have cancelled rather than deal with unhappy customers who wanted that portion of the tour: http://ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/english/2012/09/24/Survivor-Cinque-Terre-rock-slide-thanks-miracle-_7523340.html

wunderground.com is forecasting party cloudy and 75 tomorrow in La Spezia, with only a 20% chance of rain.

It's certainly possible to get there, but from where? You didn't say which port.

Edited by euro cruiser

While it can be done by train from Livorno, it takes so long that you don't have much time there. In this case I think you'd be better off with a car and driver or renting a car and driving yourself.

A couple of the rental car companies are usually set up on the dock renting cars, if you're willing to drive that might be an option for you.

Otherwise a last minute request to one of the car services is worth a try. Finally, there are always cab drivers looking for a full day fare right at the ship. Know in advance what you are willing to pay, however, and make an agreement on that before getting into the cab.

Edited by euro cruiser

• 6 years later...
On 8/29/2012 at 4:22 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Cugina, it would be great to join all of you unfortunately we're not on the Med cruise prior to the TA so we won't be with you in Livorno. 😞 It was suggested by tour companies and tour guides to not go when will be there this December. Our plans are to go to Cinque Terre during our pre-Royal stay in Tuscany next October instead.

It sounds like a great trip! 😄