Vantage ... What has happened?

robthens

WHAT has happened to Vantage customer service?

We have taken 7 trips with them. # 8 in October, but this will probaly be our last!

Their customer service department will not return calls.

Have been trying to resolve an issue that began June10.

I have requested a supervisor on numerous calls & have made 2 request for complaints to be sent to the corporate office.

No one resolves my issue or returns my calls.

Very disappointed since we have been loyal customers for years

Robthens - I am sorry you are having a problem.

A mistake was made on the amount we owed for our Vantage cruise in 2013. We had paid-in-full, but a balance showed up on our on-line info. On a Thursday in June, I spoke to "Max" at 10 am EDT (800-322-6677). He was most helpful. It did take a couple of days to verify, but the confusion was cleared up. I am quite happy with customer service.

I hope you can get in touch with someone soon.

have heard of this complaint in past,,and WHY I have never used Vantage,,plus,,can t use TA s to help out or get best deal(I get best deal and cash back )..

If more people stop using them,,maybe they ll see the error of their ways and treat customers better?

Try filing complaint with BBB in city they re located in,,,that might help.

Hope it gets fixed...good luck.;)

Does anyone know what "Ocean liners" they are associated with? My parents and another couple were booked for a trip next September, but cannot go since one of the other couple got sick and cannot go, especially since ther is not a MD on board. They will not refund the whole amount so they have a credit for $300.00 per person, which they said can be used in their ocean liners. I have been trying to find out which ships they may use the credit on, any help would be appreciated, thanks

Does anyone know what "Ocean liners" they are associated with? My parents and another couple were booked for a trip next September, but cannot go since one of the other couple got sick and cannot go, especially since ther is not a MD on board. They will not refund the whole amount so they have a credit for $300.00 per person, which they said can be used in their ocean liners. I have been trying to find out which ships they may use the credit on, any help would be appreciated, thanks

In their brochure - I see that these are some of their lines:

NORWAY: Hurtigruten

ALASKA: HAL

TAHITI: Paul Gauguin

Maybe one of those would work for you.

Thanks for the FB suggestion. Will see what happens.

The complaint started out as a question regarding Presidents Club points.

(still unresolved). Now it's about CSD & corporate never returning phone calls.

I'll post outcome

After I posted negatively on FB, I got an immediate response from the Boston office.

My initial issue was regarding the Vantage E-store (no longer exists). Then, the CSD would not call me back. Lost count of the number of times I called

Boston office explained that the E-store was a subsidiary of Vantage & the main office was not aware of my issues.

As a customer, Vantage is Vantage. I didn't know (or care) that I was dealing with a subsidiary. I do understand now how this happened.

My initial issue was resolved to my satisfaction. Home office gave me a cash refund on my E-store credits.

I was recently contacted by Vantage for feedback on the French Waterways cruise we had just taken. After discussing it with the person, I mentioned your plight and told them it was posted on Cruise Critic.

I suggested that he talk to the Customer Service supervisor and give them my feedback on the non-responsiveness of Vantage.

Vantage has dropped their e-store and will be giving discounts on some travel stores. I used up all our credits, so I do not have a problem.

In their brochure - I see that these are some of their lines:

NORWAY: Hurtigruten

ALASKA: HAL

TAHITI: Paul Gauguin

Maybe one of those would work for you.

We also went with Vantage to Costa Rica on the Star Flyer, which is a four masted sailing ship. It was fantastic and while there was no MD on board there was an RN/PA and the ship was never out of sight of land. We did have a passenger taken off on a stretcher and the transfer was made to a Costa Rican Coast Guard vessel, which took her to hospital. I wouldn't personally recommend HAL, but I can recommend Star Flyer and Paul Gaugain.

Robthens - I do not see any reference re: President's Club on any of the newer Vantage mailings. Wonder why. npphotog.

Interesting thread....I've been in Ukraine and Russia with Vantage and this is first time I've been on cc since mid-August. I called Vantage using President's Club number Monday to file a damaged luggage claim (damage is a gross understatment, suitcase was totaled) and I was immediately addressed by name and given the information I needed to file. Plus our name and luggage tags all said President's Club, so I don't think they've abandoned it. I didn't know about the e-store, but I never used it. I will say, and people who have seen my posts in the past will agree, my biggest and most consistent complaint with Vantage has been their response to telephone calls and e-mails (especially e-mails) and I'm sorry to say the problem is not getting better. This was my 6th trip with them and everything from start to finish was wonderful and top drawer BUT I e-mailed Vantage in a panic from Moscow because Lufthansa went on strike the day we were flying home, I never got a response and it was only through friends on facebook in NY that I was able to get reliable information. Very disappointing and a problem that Vantage MUST start addressing.:(

Archived