besttix.net?

figmentdj

I never heard of besttix.net. I just went and checked them out. They do have some great prices, BUT, if you look at the page where you put in your credit card information, it is NOT secured. No lock appears on your browser window. That alone would keep me from using the site.:(

Chris

Thanks for checking them out too. I noticed the credit card page too, but they say they have encrypted security on the link in the site map. Sure would be nice if it were on the level. I could get my airfare for $100 cheaper.

Just checked out their website and they have this written under their seciruty section

" To prevent unauthorized access, disclosure and improper use of your information, and to maintain data accuracy, we have established appropriate physical, electronic and managerial safeguards to protect the information we collect in accordance with our Privacy Policy."

They can say whatever they want. if the site doesn't show as secured then it is not. I wouldn't use them. I can say I am a 6'2" 21 year old hunk, but then I would have to watch out for the lightning strikes:rolleyes:

It will be great if the site is legit, the prices are fantastic. A little too good, which makes me nervous. I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig. Hopefully we may here from some who have used them.

I emailed their support. No reply. Their phone number is a directory asking for an extension. Don't have an extension. Did the live chat, but the answers were kind of vague. Why is this so challenging?

I emailed their support. No reply. Their phone number is a directory asking for an extension. Don't have an extension. Did the live chat, but the answers were kind of vague. Why is this so challenging?

How did you hear of this website? I've never come across it and I've been searching through a lot of airfare sites. Now I'm getting a little leary since you stated you tried contacting them. :confused:

I just booked an overseas ticket but i did not really looked the site so i am kinda worried because of my money. When a clicked the "pay" button nothing happened they did not send me any email or nothing, and the current webpage did not even change to another page.....and also I was not charged (yet)

They might have ripped me????Waht shold I do????

Cheers

If you paid by credit card, you're protected. If you have online access to your credit card account, check if an authorization has come through for the amount of the charge. It would not show up as a charge.. if not call your credit card company. The other thing would be to call the airline. When you book through expedia or one of the others... the airlines have the reservation infomation almost immediately.

I just booked an overseas ticket but i did not really looked the site so i am kinda worried because of my money. When a clicked the "pay" button nothing happened they did not send me any email or nothing, and the current webpage did not even change to another page.....and also I was not charged (yet)

They might have ripped me????Waht shold I do????

Cheers

Cheers....have you found out anything? Did they charge you or did they send confirmation?? I'm ready to book as well, but would like to know your status.

Thanks for the post. Hope everything works out!

P.S. I found this website to be connected to mainly overseas travel versus US travel. I think that is why most people have not heard of this site. But please advise what happens with yours.

Thanks!

Well, I just took the plunge, I tried to purchase 2 tickets LGA to Tampa for next Apr. Delta. I called Delta, the flights were legit. They were 6o pp cheaper. I got some sort of E amiled response about my payment.. I used Amex. perhaps they don't take that...they gave me a key number. I hope I have not been duped. Please let me know what happens to you! I will post when I find out something!

Well, I just took the plunge, I tried to purchase 2 tickets LGA to Tampa for next Apr. Delta. I called Delta, the flights were legit. They were 6o pp cheaper. I got some sort of E amiled response about my payment.. I used Amex. perhaps they don't take that...they gave me a key number. I hope I have not been duped. Please let me know what happens to you! I will post when I find out something!

Any news? Did Delta confirm your reservations?

Here's some reports I found on them:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff143646.htm

http://*****.com/dq7dd

I'd advise staying away from these jokers!

Great catch. When I actually did get the live chat, the contact asked for a "wire transfer NOW"! Thats what made me really start questioning the site. I guess that solves that. Is there any other way to alert folks who might not make it to this thread?

By the way, I actually did go to ticketcentral.net and it's identical to besttix.net in every detail except the name. Beware!!! That's why I love these boards. People looking out for each other. Very cool.

By the way, I actually did go to ticketcentral.net and it's identical to besttix.net in every detail except the name. Beware!!! That's why I love these boards. People looking out for each other. Very cool.

Yup, I did the same thing and came to the same conclusion. ;)

I am usually very careful and this deal looked too good to be true, thanks for checking this out. I tried to found out info but didn't come up with anything. Hopefully all will see these results and not lose any money.

Archived