Ladies...do you dress to impress?

susie8862

If Im dressing to impress .. Im obviously failing miserably lol

I never was good with hair or makeup and admit it. Throw on the most comfortable clothes. I bought new cruise clothes to go meet my TA who is a Lord in England and going to wear some uncomfortable shoes at night.. going to put my best foot forward.. so to speak. :D

I think you are an amazing woman......no matter how you dress..

You are always so helpful to everyone on here and sooo honest...BUT...can you post a pic with you in 5 inch heels?:o:o:o

As a plus size woman that doesn't feel sexy in anything, I dress for comfort. But as I lose more weight, I dress for myself. Seeing myself fit into more fashionable, age appropriate clothing makes me happy. DH couldn't care less what I wear, so I definately dress for me.

All I can say to you is....AMAZING...love your attitude:o

We used to do the whole gowns and tuxes on formal nights and nice dressy clothes for dinner every night, but with the airlines charging for bags now, and the cruiselines downgrading the mattresses and not offering eggcrates, I just wear nice pants and shirts, no ballgowns for me. Hubby wears polo and khakies or sometimes dress shorts every night and shirt with tie on formal.

I save a suitcase for my eggcrate :-( grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Carole

I dress so that I like what I see in the mirror, and DH is fine with that. At 59, I no longer have flawless skin or lots of dark hair (mine is an honest predominantly silver-grey color) so I have to dress neatly and in flattering clothes and have a good haircut or I'll frighten small children. I buy expensive things when the quality is worth the price (just ordered a jacket and slacks from my favorite tailor at an eye-popping price) but I'm not a slave to labels and most of my casual wardrobe is from Marshall's or outlet stores. I buy classic styles and wear them as long as they look good, which can be a couple of decades. I have a safe at home with mass quantities of real jewelry but take only a few pieces on trips - no need to be a conspicuous target for muggers. We watched "Extreme Cruise Ship" once and a couple mentioned having $40K worth of jewelry in their stateroom safe. That's just plain crazy.

Our only cruise had totally informal, outdoorsy dress, even on the last night. That's our kind of cruise.

I dress to be comfortable. I like to put on a nice outfit for dinner every night and wear outfits during the day that look like I made an effort. With the changes I've seen on carnival I've felt very overdressed in the MDR at times. I mean overalls, really?!?!:eek:

At home my uniform is an old pair of shorts and an old tshirt so cruising I try for better than hobo!

Two cruises ago at the show I found myself looking at the dancers shoes more than anything else. They looked comfortable with a wide enough heal that you wouldn't have trouble not wobbling. I asked a few of the dancers the brand and went on line and got a pair of the most comfortable dress shoes sold to dancers. I can wear them all night! Others I've had I bee line it for the cabin to get out of them.

I wear cute clothes are that are comfy. I am no slob, but dresses & heals aren't comfy for me so I wear shorts & tops & flip flops that are cute :D. I have seen some girls go down on the Lido deck in tight skirts & high heals when the boat is rocking - I feel so bad for them.

Now I do dress up for the formal dinner night in a cutey outfit, but right after, I go change :D.

I also do not pack much extra, maybe an extra shirt & definitely a sweat shirt because I get cold in the theater :D.

I dress mainly for comfort, but I also want outfits that are flattering and age-appropriate. I have nerve damage in my foot so my shoe wardrobe consists of Berkenstocks and a pair of jogging shoes 2 sizes larger than I normally wear, to fit my orthotics! Kinda hard to look sexy in Berkenstocks! LOL

I think I am more concerned about how my hair looks, than what clothes I'm wearing!

No, I don't dress to impress anyone, including myself.;)

And I rarely notice what others are wearing.:D

Me too- atleast for myself. As long as its clean, doesn't have holes, and fits, it works for me. I am a minimalist.

Now DD is like my little baby doll. I buy her cute clothes and dresses. And bows when I could get away with it. She is cute, I will let her get the attention.

I do not dress to impress. I like to look neat, clean and current. I wear what I think flatters my figure the most. I'm also a big fan of comfort. Accessories are my new friends because they can dress up a simple outfit.

I do this as well. I try to look current but age appropriate (47). I'm a big fan of What Not To Wear on TLC. I have gotten some good advice about what type of cuts to choose.

As a plus size woman that doesn't feel sexy in anything, I dress for comfort. But as I lose more weight, I dress for myself. Seeing myself fit into more fashionable, age appropriate clothing makes me happy. DH couldn't care less what I wear, so I definately dress for me.

:):):):):):)

Good job on the weight loss! I have lost 25 lbs since January and 50 lbs since 2008, I'm almost at my goal weight. Every time I fit into a smaller size, I was more determined to keep up my diet and exercise plan. I actually wore a 2 piece to the beach in Bermuda in August. I haven't done that since I was a teenager!

But I do check out what other people are wearing! Sometimes I wish I were traveling with a girlfriend instead of my husband so I could share catty comments. Like shoes. I'll play a game to see if I can spot 10 cute shoes in 10 minutes or so. Its amazing how many people just wear comfortable shoes (hey, to each their own!) when there ARE cute comfortable sandals out there! Or people who don't realize they would look a lot better in clothes one size larger. Or people who really should not wear bikinis. Meow.

So I do appreciate your dressing up so I can admire you1

Have you ever watched Fashion Police on E!? Joan Rivers is too funny. I don't look to see what others are wearing, but Joan picking on celebrity fashion choices is fun. These are people who can hire professionals to help them dress, but they just look really bad.

I wear a dress and heels to dinner everynight, Becuse I like to dress up and my DH likes it also. During the day I'm a skirt tanktop or sundress girl with my bathing suit under them and of course I alway match my flip flops to my outfit. I'm kind of a girly girl anyway. I'm always in a skirt or dress in the summer. In the winter I'll do tights with a skirt or dress or jeans with heels/wedges I live in FL so I don't have to worry about snow:)

I absolutely LOVE dressing up and wearing my good shoes, jewelry, and accessories on our cruises! It's a huge part of my enjoyment!! I feel like I get to play dress up every day!! :D

I pack a different casual outfit for each day such as shorts and top, or a cute little dress, and a different dressy outfit for dinner each day. And of course formal wear.

I struggle with overpacking!! Last cruise (10 days), on top of all the clothes, I took 15 pairs of shoes! That included 10 pairs of dressy pumps/sandals, and 5 pairs of flats/flip flops. I actually wore them all! I also took 4 small purses (3 Chanel wallet on chains, and one LV pochette). And I carry lots of makeup too...I love doing colorful makeup looks!!

Good thing the hubby packs light!! :p

I dress for me. I won't point any fingers, but there are some people who dress like they do because that's how they dress from where they come from. I think it's good entertainment to people watch and I'm never bored. Sundresses will be the majority of my wardrobe on my next cruise. :D

I dress for comfort. I make sure my clothes match and are clean and in good repair, but I am definitely not a fashionista. I prefer to wear shorts and t-shirts most of the time or a comfortable pair of jeans. I wear a casual dress for elegant night with sandals and feel dressed up since I never wear dresses or skirts. My husband thinks a snug pair of jeans are sexy and he doesn't like me to wear makeup, so we're very compatible hehe.

I do not dress to impress. I like to look neat, clean and current. I wear what I think flatters my figure the most. I'm also a big fan of comfort. Accessories are my new friends because they can dress up a simple outfit.

I always try to look presentable at the very least, I don't go out in public without my makeup (if I did, this is the look I would get:eek::eek:)

but I don't "dress up". I hate wearing dresses or skirts- dress slacks and a nice top is about as dressy as I get. Shoes- I like cute shoes, but most cute shoes are real short on comfort, but I try anyway! Bags- I hate changing purses to match an outfit. I have one at a time. I have a little bronze, metallic finish clutch I take to the MDR with a mirror, lipstick, and maybe my phone for taking pictures. That's it.

I love clothes, shoes, purses/bags. Period.

I also always notice what people are wearing...

Do you dress to impress, for yourself, for your spouse or perhaps you just are not into clothes?:o

unfortunate for my budget...or lack there of...YES, I do dress to impress! :D

The older I get, the more I hate to shop, and now I'm 63 it's something I avoid if at all possible! I've never been a girly-girl, so have never been into the whole fashion thing. I don't know how to accessorize. I'm just hopeless! I try to look neat and that's about it. Black slacks and a dressy top are my elegant night outfit. I think the young ladies with their cute dresses and uncomfortable-looking heels are adorable, good for them!!

I always point out to my husband how much money we save by me not shopping every weekend like some women do!

I dress for myself and my husband, that's it. I really couldn't care less what other cruisers are wearing. Mostly I do tshirts and shorts during the day and slacks with a dress top at night. For elegant night I usually wear long gowns, but since we're cruising on halloween I won't have room. I did find 2 stunning dresses at Torrid that are shorter & less full to wear!

I dress for myself and anymore, for comfort and easy packing. So, I have two outfits from Chico's that I wear for formal nights - one is a long black travel knit dress and the other is black travel knit pants with a jacket. I dress them up with accessories. I do however love designer shoes, so my shoes are almost always the highlight of whatever I wear.

Archived