Dream Muster Stations

MissKIA

I have read many Dream reviews where they said their muster station was in the dining room or in the theatre for example. Is this still taking place or do they have to go to the lifeboat deck now since it's gotten more strict since the Costa Incident? Just wondering...

I have read many Dream reviews where they said their muster station was in the dining room or in the theatre for example. Is this still taking place or do they have to go to the lifeboat deck now since it's gotten more strict since the Costa Incident? Just wondering...

Our last Carnival cruise, it was in the theater.

On the Dream Feb 2012 and we had our muster in one of the kids lounges. They have them all over the ship...much more comfortable and I found people to pay more attention than the other way for muster. Wish they would do this on all ships. Hope this helps! :)

I have read on here that some are led to their lifeboats after the muster drill. On the Dream in February of last year, we had the muster in the big theatre, then were dismissed. Never did see the lifeboats. I'm wondering if there were actually a need to muster in an emergency, how much confusion will there be when people can't figure out if they should go to the lifeboats or to the place where they had the muster drill.

I have read on here that some are led to their lifeboats after the muster drill. On the Dream in February of last year, we had the muster in the big theatre, then were dismissed. Never did see the lifeboats. I'm wondering if there were actually a need to muster in an emergency, how much confusion will there be when people can't figure out if they should go to the lifeboats or to the place where they had the muster drill.

In the event of an actual ermergency, people panic, and will not know what to do. They will also show up at the wrong lifeboat. It is human nature.

Guess i read the topic wrong. My dream muster station would be in my cabin. Then I could see and hear everything clearly. I'm vertically challenged (okay...horizontally too) and I always get a tall person in front of me and chatty patties to the left and right. Totally useless for me to stand there. Let me learn via TV like I learn everything else. I promise I'll watch it!

Guess i read the topic wrong. My dream muster station would be in my cabin. Then I could see and hear everything clearly. I'm vertically challenged (okay...horizontally too) and I always get a tall person in front of me and chatty patties to the left and right. Totally useless for me to stand there. Let me learn via TV like I learn everything else. I promise I'll watch it!

LOL! Too funny.

While I am looking forward to a "comfortable" muster drill, I do question the effectiveness of this kind of drill. I can see people taking it a lot less seriously that the old fashioned way of doing things.

Edited to add: I mean the effectiveness of the lounge/theatre type drill, NOT the in my cabin drill. LOL

In the event of an actual ermergency, people panic, and will not know what to do. They will also show up at the wrong lifeboat. It is human nature.

I don't agree. That is Hollywood's human nature. I was on the Star Princess. There was chatter on the intercom that awakened me. I looked out my door and found everytihing OK. My wife was complaining about the noise and I told her to get up because in the chatter there was mention of "fire"! Then the muster alarm sounded. Now, outside the door we found closed fire doors with the ship filling with smoke. There was an orderly procession to our muster station.

I never saw panic. The only confusion was the idiot in the next cabin that had skipped muster drill and the idiot woman that wouldn't answer roll call because they weren't calling her married name. She had gotten married a few days earlier by the captain. That last one was our comic relief. My only close moment came when our muster captain said "The life boats will be ready soon".

On both of our Dream cruises the muster was held in inside areas we never saw again for the length of our cruises.

To be honest, had there been an emergency, I am not sure we would have found those locations again. I agree there would have been mass confusion.

Archived